• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Getting the Mustang ready for the Power Tour

Getting real close. Still doing some work on the car, rear axle bearing, no big deal other than that, ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was thinking of doing a leg or 2 this year, starting in Norwalk. Just looked at the map, didn't realize ya'll were coming this close to me in Michigan, within 10 miles of my house! If it weren't for construction on I-94, you would pass within a mile or two of my house! Will definitely hook up and do that day. They have a detour because of the construction, don't know who mapped it, but it's not the easy way...

for those that need them, here is the pdf of the route

Attachments

• HRPT 2014 driving directions MAY-14.pdf
    438.9 KB · Views: 7
Well I hope to see y'all in the dells. I was so close to getting my car running in time.

I have a hotel booked in the dells for Thursday and Friday night. Maybe we can all have dinner or drinks Friday night somewhere?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

"machlarson" said:
Was thinking of doing a leg or 2 this year, starting in Norwalk. Just looked at the map, didn't realize ya'll were coming this close to me in Michigan, within 10 miles of my house! If it weren't for construction on I-94, you would pass within a mile or two of my house! Will definitely hook up and do that day. They have a detour because of the construction, don't know who mapped it, but it's not the easy way...
Do have any info on the construction on 94?
I'm a bit concerned about the drive on 94 in the southwest corner of the state and in Indiana, lot of truck traffic. I'm looking at rerouting down through Indiana's Amish area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that section is always congested but I go thru there all the time, it's not really that bad. The construction is pretty much done, at least there are plenty of lanes. I just took my grand daughter home a couple weeks ago it was pretty smooth (traffic wise) through there.

Are you skipping the lunch stop? If so we can work our way to I-80 and head West. Otherwise you have to drive surface streets thru some pretty rough neighborhoods to get thru there without driving on I-94

also, I highly recommend getting an I-Pass or EZ-Pass for the tolls. If you have to go thru the cash lanes it's almost double the cost and you have to stop. The transponder lanes flow pretty well. I think there is a deposit for the transponder but if you give it back later you will get you deposit back. I still have my I-pass from when I lived up there.

Craig thanks for the heads-up on the I-pass, where can I get it, can I get one before the tour starts?
Got it figured out, need more time to get one but can get one on the road, Lincoln Tollway Oasis.

I think we're talking about different days. I'm talking about day 3, Norwalk to Crown Point, before we go through Chicago.

"Larry G" said:
I think we're talking about different days. I'm talking about day 3, Norwalk to Crown Point, before we go through Chicago.
Ohhhhhh, sorry. okay

yea, the I-pass will be well worth it

Back