• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Grr!! 2nd guessing my paint color

I went from original Lime Gold, to Brittany Blue, then settled on Silver. Personally all three would have looked great and I love my Silver.

There is no right or wrong just the color you will see most. When I cruise with Jeff, Craig and Mike it's nice to see all the different colors they are all beautiful cars.

"gtscode" said:
When I cruise with Jeff, Craig and Mike it's nice to see all the different colors they are all beautiful cars.

funny thing, i picked the color combination for my 40 coupe because of two brand new cars sitting side by side that had just been unloaded off the carrier. the two cars/colors looked good together, so decided those were the colors for the car. this was all after many test panel shoots, etc. trying to decide on colors....

This color ( goldish ) looks also very nice on a 67/68 model.Expecially with black striping. :confu :confu :confu

Attachments

• gold mustang.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 124
Little update...
I guess I better start thinking of my color choices! Body work is going to be started mid-June. :roll

Well damn... at the car show last weekend I saw another paint color I really like. :rant

R1-02515-0016.jpg

garage.php

That's the same truck - different lighting, different camera, someone played with photoshop and did some color enhancing... or all of those.

I asked the owner what color his truck was, and he said it was suppose to be Prowler orange (http://www.theprowlerstore.com/Colors_ORANGE.htm), but it didn't come out exactly right. It's still a pretty color. My 'girl' friend who has a 79 camaro, made me go stand next to it and insisted that color is perfect on me. Said it matched my hair and eyes and personality better than gun metal gray. Oh and she and says it kind of goes with the fact we refer to Gertrude as the Rustang. lol

Looking around, well I'll be damned! It almost looks like some variation of emberglo, an original mustang color! :thu
66_mustang_emberglo_pony_int_tx_5.jpg

Only one problem though. I live in a town of maroon (Texas A&M) and UT (the rival school) color is burnt orange. :skul

Last edited by a moderator:
"steveh326" said:
Hey Kat, where did you find the pic of the car in your post #10? I'd love to see more of it...

I'd like to see more of it too, but unfortunately, that was the only picture of it if I remember. I googled for stuff like two tone paint jobs mustangs.

I remember when I was picking Shag's color, I first shot some paper test strips, then a partial of a fender. Unless you can find a vehicle locally that has the color you want, I'd have the proposed color shot on test strips. Make sure you are 100% happy before Gert goes into the paint booth.

Back