• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Guess who has invited himself to MBB II

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Need I give hints?

"What's the best airport to fly into? What are the recommended places to stay? My schedule is open this weekend and I'd really like to attend.

-xxx"

Geez, it was visiting Taste of Morgan Hill, now MBB II?

Beach Pony wants everyone's opinion on how to reply.

BP...I'd suggest to ignore his post. Don't offer any help which would imlpy he's not wanted. Not sure if you feel that way though.

Or better yet...say tell him he's banned from attending MBB until 2038. :dumas

I don't feel the same as some of you and as such sent him an email to which he immediately responded the following:

Thanks for the note! I want to come in that spirit overall - maybe mend some fences. Life is too damn short and I feel like a few folks out there have a REALLY wrong idea of who I am and what I'm all about... be nice to straighten 'em out (or reinforce their thoughts!
hah!).

I'm working on it. Should have been on this a few weeks ago, it would have been easier...

-bob

Here's my thoughts on this guys:

Lifes too short to waste being pissed off at someone or something. Do I have a short fuze and an awkward sense of humor? Sometimes. Has it got me in trouble? Sure it has. Heck, I once walked up to three bikers wearing "Bandido's" logos on their jackets and asked them if they had any Frito's Corn Chips. Before they had a chance to kill me I had them laughing too hard to care anymore.

I'm not going to hold a grudge against someone for something as silly as an internet forum disagreement. If Bob wants to join in at MBII to get some face time and "explain who he is and what he's all about" and "mend some fences", who am I to object?

I say bring 'em on. I think he's pulling some chains but if he's serious, the more the merrier. If he wants to "mend fences", he'll just have to answer some questions, so to speak, that he can't just log off of. Hell, if he's game...I'm more than game.

That comment to Dave does not seem to fit with his recent attitude on the VMF, and I don't feel that just because of my situation. So he saw the light today............I won't be there so I will just stay out of this from here on.

"AzPete" said:
That comment to Dave does not seem to fit with his recent attitude on the VMF, and I don't feel that just because of my situation. So he saw the light today............I won't be there so I will just stay out of this from here on.

My sentiments also. There's more than just a forum disagreement that he has flubbed in the recent past. I have nothing against him personally, if he came clean with that one big item I have a problem with, I could be friends with him again.

Well shit, I guess I'm a dumbass, cause I just answered his questions as best I could...

I guess I shoulda kept my damn mouth shut...

"daveSanborn" said:
be nice to straighten 'em out -bob

And there's one of his attributes...he's gonna straighten you out. Its You in the wrong.

If he actually shows up, I will immediately turn right around and go home. Period. End of Story. There is nothing he could possibly say to me that would make me want to listen.

If you want to believe I hold a grudge, so be it. None of you know the total story, however.

I just caught up on reading his posting about this trip. Man, talk about mushy kiss ass stuff. He is really laying it on thick with this stuff about life being to short for grudges........

If he's talking about "life being too short...." somebody ask him why there's still a ban list longer than this thread!!!

Not taking sides here, but the title of this thread has me scratching my head. Isn't this event open to everyone, ie: everyone's invited?

Frank

My opinion:

1. For him to initially publicly state his interest in coming to MBBII without first PMing Beach Pony is beyond anything I can grasp, for he damn well knows who is attending and how some of the parties feel about him showing up. Anyone in such a position of VMF, should have, privately inquired how BP would feel if they showed up. It is HIS party at HIS house.

2. MBBII is suppose to be a let your hair (if you have any) down and party with your buds. It will be a walking on needles atmosphere if he shows up.

3. The clearing the air or setting records straight with Midlife and others should not be at the expense of the MBBII host and the party.

4. Yes Frank, everyone is invited but the host has the right to make an exception to the rule.

Back