• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Guess who has invited himself to MBB II

I'm in 100% agreement with Craig. I personally don't have a problem with it and could talk/not talk to anyone. With that being said, the spirit of the event should be consistent throughout the whole group and not purposefully interrupted if that were to be the intent.

My opinion:

Craig,

You need to step away from your bong.

What's the difference between "politely banning" someone from attending MBII and banning someone from membership at the VMF?

The same hypocrisy that we've been bitching about that happens on the VMF is suddenly okay when the shoe is on our foot?

"You're not welcome because your presence could upset some people?"

WTF kind of shit is that?

Sorry guys. Little ole me is bigger than that bunch of bullshit. F'in Whizco, Tony and every other shithead could show up to MBII and I wouldn't give a rats ass. I wouldn't be snuggling up to them and buying them beers, but they'd be welcome to attend. I'll be there to have a GREAT time and I don't care who shows up.

Lastly, when someone states they're trying to set things right, you give them the chance to do so. If Mid doesn't want to hear it, so be it.

And very lastly.... Charles you should make the drive down and Jeremy you're a big baby and have lost tremendous amounts of cool points for turning down a free ticket to attend. Scared to fly? Is this even possible?

I figured I'd let you all know that I just PM'ed bob on the other forum and told him that it's not a good idea to attend.

So, I'm sure I'll hear back soon. I'm not one to be judgemental, but seriously, I want EVERYONE to have a good time. This party wasn't designed to be for anyone's true confessions. To me there's a time and a place for everything, this could well be the time, but i don't think it's the place.

Y'all may not agree with me on this, but I think I am making the right decision. Hope you understand my reasons.

NOW get ready to PAR-TAY!

"cmayna" said:
My opinion:

1. For him to initially publicly state his interest in coming to MBBII without first PMing Beach Pony is beyond anything I can grasp, for he damn well knows who is attending and how some of the parties feel about him showing up. Anyone in such a position of VMF, should have, privately inquired how BP would feel if they showed up. It is HIS party at HIS house.

2. MBBII is suppose to be a let your hair (if you have any) down and party with your buds. It will be a walking on needles atmosphere if he shows up.

3. The clearing the air or setting records straight with Midlife and others should not be at the expense of the MBBII host and the party.

4. Yes Frank, everyone is invited but the host has the right to make an exception to the rule.
Damn, what is the world coming to? Bob wants to go to MBB 2 and "mend fences" and I agree with everything Craig said.Spooky.

"beach pony" said:
I figured I'd let you all know that I just PM'ed bob on the other forum and told him that it's not a good idea to attend.

So, I'm sure I'll hear back soon. I'm not one to be judgemental, but seriously, I want EVERYONE to have a good time. This party wasn't designed to be for anyone's true confessions. To me there's a time and a place for everything, this could well be the time, but i don't think it's the place.

Y'all may not agree with me on this, but I think I am making the right decision. Hope you understand my reasons.

NOW get ready to PAR-TAY!
I agree 100% B.P. It's a party not the U.N. summit.

"daveSanborn" said:
And very lastly.... Charles you should make the drive down and Jeremy you're a big baby and have lost tremendous amounts of cool points for turning down a free ticket to attend. Scared to fly? Is this even possible?

Dave: If I wasn't going out of town the next weekend, I'd be there. Have to drive up to Wisconsin on Thursday the 8th and won't be back until the following Monday!

I sent bob a PM to explain CLEARLY what I thought about him coming to the MBB and rather than post back in the PM, he posts this in the public forum.

"I just got a message that makes it clear that I'm not welcome to come to the event.

Seems kinda petty to me, I certainly have no ill-will strong enough to tell anyone not to come to a Corn Feed (if you recall, I even invited Midlife to CF 9 publicly, never heard a thing).

That's too bad. Hurts me personally in a lot of ways too...

-bob "

I figured he would address it with me privately, guess I was wrong. I'll post the letter I wrote. Now he wants to misconstrue what I said. I don't know. Whatever.

Letter to bob:

WOW! Where did this come from. I gotta admit bob, I'm a little bit shocked with your recent posts regarding the MBB this year. I would have never thought that you would consider the trip east. Well, guess I was wrong. Although initially I thought it to be a good idea, I think in reality it may not be. I don't know all of the individual situations between you and about 1/2 of my guests, but I know enough to know that there has been some strife along the way and that there needs to be some "healing". That being said, I don't think this venue is the right one to use for that purpose. Including a group of people from all over the country was exactly my intention when I came up with the idea for the MBB. Following the spirit of the original Corn Feed as a way to meet and hang out with fellow hobbyists. In this case though, I think the hobby would take a back seat to the "other" issues. I don't particularly like suggesting to someone NOT to come, but I want this to be a party and I think we'll lose that if we begin with all this old stuff. That being said bob, please consider coming AFTER you've taken the time to mend your fences.

Respectfully,

Ron

You need to post that on VMF too. He is a good one for twisting your words..................

bob has totally twisted what I said and Lieutenant Brian is piling on! I'm gettin shelled over there. That's alright, I'm firing back!

It seems I may be in the center of all of this. If so, I apologize in advance to everyone involved.

There's no need to apologize. Just get your ass up here in a couple of days and lets have a damn party! Oh, yeah, we'll talk about Mustangs too!

I think the whole deal was to stir up trouble and dis harmony at MBB 2 ( to have his name on everybodys lips) and sit back and laugh at the results. If you guys don't do anything else, don't let this be the case . :pf

"70 StangMan" said:
I think the whole deal was to stir up trouble and dis harmony at MBB 2 ( to have his name on everybodys lips) and sit back and laugh at the results. If you guys don't do anything else, don't let this be the case . :pf

Make it a drinking game, anyone who mentions it has to slam a beer or a shot.......

"70 StangMan" said:

Exactly. All he wanted was ammo. Everyone is invited but his "motive" has been shown. That takes away from the spirit. With that being said, I would've still called his bluff. Good thing it ain't my party.
I like the drinking game Rick.

Damn, benthin is such a cock. And that was shitty for Bob to publicize all that. Is he trying to go out of his way to be an ass, but try to make himself look like the better man?

Back