• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Has anybody ever seen a place like this?

too far... but I have free Southwest tickets and free Hertz coupons and hotel points so I can go anywhere!

Their prices aren't horrible for restorable cars, at least from a body standpoint. http://coloradomustang.com/Content/Cars4Sale.aspx

I've seen complete rustbucket fastbacks sell for more than the $6500 they want for the red 68 fastback. Judging by the quarters and door corners it should be a fairly good foundation for a build. They have a fairly solid 70 mach shaker car for $8750 too

they are near the old Airport, I know where that is! I used to go out there every other week for two years.

Eastern KY, most of it was picked over pretty well. The FB's were pretty rusty too! Lots of little stuff though...

that can't be real, thats to good to be true, all of the die hards would have swept in and picked them bones clean and then sold them bones. that is one awesome set of pictures though. makes you wonder.

Is there a Stangfix bus trip in our Future? We can have a rental van follow us to haul the booty home.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
Is there a Stangfix bus trip in our Future? We can have a rental van follow us to haul the booty home.

Mel

Mustang parts, road trip and booty? You had me at Mustang Parts

Last summer I saw four or five pretty cool salvage yards. Now if my old memory could just remember where the heck they are!

There's one in Salt Lake and one in Vegas I've always wanted to go to.

Hey I have an idea. How many people would be up for a bus tour trip to great salvage yards? I could put the whole thing including hotels and meals together via my tour company. We could do it in the Fall. We would have to pack light and share tools so we would have enough room for parts, but could find some cool stuff.

Let me know and I can price it out.

Mel

By looking at those pictures , my heart beats goes up.But when i look closer to the pictures , i think it will surprise you how bad these cars are.On picture , every rust bucket looks better then in real.We all know that.
Of course there will be some nice restoration project , like that grabber green 70 mach 1 with 351 clevland at that amount , but i think i has also a surprise for you ( and your wallet ) Allthough i would love to go there with a couple of mustangers but there is a big pont between the yard and me !

"Fast68back" said:
Did you e-mail to see if its open to the public? I'm up for a road trip....
Heres the response. [member]Ill leave it up to those who may be interested. After a detailed letter to them, the reply with: "You should call Dan at 303-343-7024" Thats it. Great customer service already! :lol[/member]

"lethal289" said:
Heres the response. Ill leave it up to those who may be interested. After a detailed letter to them, the reply with: "You should call Dan at 303-343-7024" Thats it. Great customer service already! :lol

Sooo, what did Dan say when you called? I think they said that because the cars are not located at the shop, Dan probably runs the yard, wherever it is.

I dont necessarily think its right for me to just blow smoke. The chance of me ever getting there are nil. The numbers there, call if your interested. :coo

Back