• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Help support our Troops, get free stuff

In the Spirit of the Fourth of July we want to kick off our support our troops program.

Heres how it works, Some of you may have seen John's (Opentracker) post on sending care packages to our troops overseas. John and I have put together a plan to help support our troops and give you guys a little swag for your efforts. http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php?topic=1951.msg18029#new

If you donate $10, John will send you a ORP sticker.

If you donate $25 you will get your choice of either a ORP (Opentracker Racing Products) or a StangFix.com T-shirt.

If you donate $40 or more, you will get both an ORP and StangFix t-shirt.

If you dont want the t-shirts, you can always donate them to a soldier, I'm sure they are sick of wearing Tan or Green all the time......

All profits will be donated to purchase items to be used in care packages. John is going to send an e-mail to the guys in Iraq and get a list of items they need so we can also donate items, Magazines, snacks, Socks, etc...... They also love to see pictures (drawings) and letters from Kids. If you have some small kids, ask them to draw some pictures, if you know anyone that is a teacher or works at a day care etc. that can get the kids to draw some pictures that would be awesome.

John told me the ORP shirts are available in M-L-XL and XXL, I just ordered the StangFix shirts yesterday and only ordered L and XL. I did order them in White and Royal blue. I should have the shirts by next Friday.

I didnt put a donation method in the previous post, I'm going to see if we can add a tab at the top of the forum similar to the site donation tab for this. Just want to get everyone thinking about this. More to follow...

I will donate but please no more ORP stickers or T-shirts, John. I mean cmon bro. I can wear only so many and my wife is shaking her head about all these stickers about. Infact I might have a substantial inventory of both. But I'd love another SF tshirt.

If one donates, how do they indicate that such donation is for the troops?

Come on, get off your ass and tell us where to click to send the cash!! I got money for our Troops just burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm also eagarly awaiting the donation button :pep , but I'll also talk to the teachers of my son's class and see if they can do a card project to include in the boxes. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to (or at least they should be for as much money as it costs for him to go there.) :yikes

OK, OK... I added a "Troop Support" button up top, that will take you to PayPal, use my e-mail address, Chipster@sbcglobal.net.

Be sure that in your comments you specify which shirt(s) you would like as well as size(s) or if you want to donate the shirts to the troops.

We'll also get John to post an address so everyone can send donation items for the care packages.

BTW- I was hoping to set this up like the donation button for the site, but it turns out that is a program for the Forum software, and we cant use it for anything other than the site support.
But as always, we found a way to make it so :bow

We've had the link up less than an hour and we already have $100 and 3 T-shirts donated for the troops as well as a line on some drawings!

Thanks guys!

Wow !

100 squids already, this is a great group of people. Thank you all so much.

Send all cards, letters and art work to:

John Dinkel
PO Box 252
Carmel Valley
CA. 93924

I usually send 4-5 boxes at a time, we may be sending a lot more thanks you stangfix.

We have an email in to our contact in Iraq for a list of items. I'll post it asap. The items can be shipped here and we will combine them and ship them off.

Tool cool folks :danc

Here is where it ends up

orpiniraqdo.JPG

Our troops with goodies on board

orpiniraqc.JPG

Here is a nice item to use for a desk top, a little fuzzy but that also makes it cool

orpiniraqm.JPG

We made a slightly more automated link, It's that big grabber orange donate button at the top of every forum. Can't miss it :hide2

Here is a picture of the ORP t-shirts
orpiniraqt.jpg

The StangFix logo and t-shirt (it will also be available in white) I apologize for the ugly model... Next we'll have craig's daughter model it.
SFLogoa.jpg

DadandLaurenjune09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick, I hit the support button which took me to a Paypal "page". At the top it had an email for "chipster@sbcglobal.net" or something like that. I want to make sure this is kosher and I can just log in. Didn't seem right so thought I'd ask.

Yes, thats my "other" e-mail address the button is a tool through PayPal so you can just put in the amount at the top of the screen, once you do that it will prompt for your PayPal account info/logon.

There a story behind it. 99.9% of military people call each other by their last names, my last name is Chiapputo, so it got shortened to Chip or Chipster, hence the e-mail address. Looks somewhat odd when you attach it to an resume, so it became my OLD e-mail address. Just in case you were wondering....

O gee, never heard that one before :bird ...... Thats almost as funny as your wife screaming "Lie to me", "lie to me" when she was sitting on my......well, you get the point...... now, :stfu

"Fast68back" said:
O gee, never heard that one before :bird ...... Thats almost as funny as your wife screaming "Lie to me", "lie to me" when she was sitting on my......well, you get the point...... now, :stfu

Why do I have this nearly uncontrollable urge to use my superpowers to add an h to the word sitting in this statement?

"Sluggo" said:
Why do I have this nearly uncontrollable urge to use my superpowers to add an h to the word sitting in this statement?
:rofl :rofl Well, no going back now, Way to majorly derail an otherwise perfectly good, and helpful thread guys, :wtf

"Fast68back" said:

She says it to you too? :dumas

"lethal289" said:
:rofl :rofl Well, no going back now, Way to majorly derail an otherwise perfectly good, and helpful thread guys, :wtf

That's what I get paid to do around here........just say'n

Back