• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Help support our Troops, get free stuff

Just so happends that she sent us a photo of her and her chopper.

Made the front page on the Batam local paper. :danc

Batam,%20Indonesia%20015.jpg

I'll see if she has any others :zip

Last edited by a moderator:
I am picking up the t-shirts at lunch today, they will be shipping out tomorrow, should have them by the end of the week guys! I apologize for the delay. They told me they would not be ready until this past Friday, then they called me on Tuesday while I was in Detroit and said they were done..... :wtf........

2_20_07_09_10_31_15_0.JPG

70 StangMan came through with a LOT of items for the Troops. We are going to send half to Iraq and the other half to Indonesia. The box was so freekin heavy, Shari had a hard time with it LOL

We will have several boxes go out in the next few days and I'll post photo's of the goodies and where they are going.

Thank you 70 StangMan

:wor :wor :wor :wor :wor :wor :wor :wor :wor :wor :wor :wor :wor :wor :wor

70StangManTroopSupport.JPG

My pleasure (and honor) John, just wish it was more. UPS lost it somewhere between Jacksonville,Fl. and San Francisco,Ca. that is why it was a day late.

"silverblueBP" said:
I woulda thunk you'd send em some boiled peanuts Dale!
I thought about it,but then I realized I would just be putting them in more danger than they are now, Cuz' once the started in on those glorious, juicy little purple nuggets from Heaven they would lose all track of time and their surroundings until the last one was gone. Just wouldn't be fair to them. That and I didn't have any Cold Beer to send with them. :nice

Just wanted to give a quick update. I'm expecting the first round of cards from my son's school this Friday. After speaking with the owner, she was very excited to help out. Her father served and was in the desert in 1991. She also mentioned that they were looking for a good cause to donate the proceeds of a parent's night they are planning and will be talking to me later to get John's contact info. :toot I'll let you guys know more when I do.

Brian

I got my ORP t-shirt in the mail last night, Thanks John! Now I have a choice between StangFix t-shirts or ORP to wear to the shows/cruises. I was going to donate the shirt to the troops, but I figured for all you have done for them, a little free advertising in the states and at car shows might help you out, and its pretty damn cool!

Thanks John!

Your welcome, thank you for the troop support :wor

I do have to admit, for such a simple shirt, they are kinda cool. My Mom and Dad had a real estate office for years and their logo was a blue ribbon with text. Took me about two Sec. to pick the logo after we decided to open ORP.

We sent some boxes already and after the shopping I did yesterday, the office floor is full of stuff. I'll post some photo's as soon as I can.

I've said it before but I can't thank you-all enough for the Troop support. This started years ago with one box coverd with art work by my kids and a wish to help. Now it's something we do as a group - pretty damn cool

... :hug2 ... :pbj... :3sum... :cool ... :pep ... :toot

Ahhh, the good ole days of 5 digit phone numbers, simpler times fo sho!

For sure....I can remember the 4 digit number we had back in the 50's-60's. Memories.......

Hell, I remember when you had to twirl the crank and get the operator on the line to make a connection for you....

...and now you can just hit a button and donate to the troops, gotta love progress in that respect. :danc

"Midlife" said:
Hell, I remember when you had to twirl the crank and get the operator on the line to make a connection for you....

I call bullshit on that one, didn't you go to school with Alex Bell :doh

I taught Alex everything I knew, including how to steal the idea from the other guy and get to the Patent Office first!

Here is what's going to our Troops. Six more boxes of goodies thanks go the Stangfix forum. We split the items up so each box had about the same thing. When I went shopping I tried to get things in packs of 6 thinking that it might work out and it did.

troopsupport1.jpg

troopsupport2.jpg

troopsupport3.jpg

They are gonna flip when they get these. We got a couple of emails from our friend in Batan:

(1) - Thank you so much for thinking of me! I can't tell you how much it means to know that we have support from home! I also wanted to thank you for the package you sent Kris, I know it meant a lot to him too! He even sent me one of the T-shirts.

I will like anything that comes my way! I know that is never helpful to hear so if you want an honest answer, I love Redvines (the red licorice)! Magazines are always nice too because the internet is slow and not reliable. It makes it hard for us to keep up on what is going on at home! Thanks again, it really does mean a lot!

(2) - Thanks for sending care packages, the guys and I really appreciate it! We actually just pulled out of port in Aqaba, Jordan! It was a nice break and a really good port. I never thought I would see the Dead Sea and the Jordan River! Thanks again and I will let you know when the packages arrive!

She is second from the left. This is them in the dead sea. Not sure I like that name or having our Troops in it.
deadsea.jpg

A Baptisum spot - Lot's of old stuff around with a lot of history.
baptisum.jpg

I want to thank Rick and Randy for putting this on the forum. My family and I can't thank you-all enough. This is so much help to our Troops it's hard to put into words. They are far away from home and can't get the things that mean so much. I'm sure getting the kids involved is going to be a life long lesson on helping others.

troopsupport4.jpg

Back