• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

here is a pic of hand after skin graft---warning--graphic!!!

Flysure1

IMG_2442.jpg

I was not feeling much pain there---it is my thigh where they took donor skin that is very sore now.
If administrators think this pic. is too gross please remove it. I know others have had worse injuries, I would not wish this on anyone, gonna be a long road to recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW......that even hurts me. Now I need some drugs too.....

Hope things are mending good. Hang in there. I have not seen much on the accident cause except what the article said. Care to share any more on how this happened.

I do hope you will have a speedy recovery. that picture made my scars hurt, so it's off to take an oxycontin, maybe two!

Ouch!

Mel

I hope your feeling better Rod. I haven't been on much here lately, so I hope to see what caused your injury.

Sorry to hear of the accident and the injury. +1 on wishing for hot nurses to help ease the pain.

no hot nurses to sponge bathe me,I get a call when travelling nurse is heading here then I take off bandage and shower, she thwn puts on new dressing--supposed to go on for 2 weeks--as for what happened I just started drifting towards right side of road and it didn't want to correct when I steered left, I then got on the soft dirt shoulder and was pulled quickly right and came back on the road too fast and couldn't stop it from going over, I remember verything untill impact with the road, I was knocked out for a few minutes, whenI woke up the cab was already on fire, I think I went out where the windshield was, a lady was a ways behind me and said she saw dust blow out of the right rear of the truck, there is a flat tire on the right front and rear, I never heard one blow but one going down fast would explain the drifting--I was not talking or texting on my phone (mine has texting shut off service plan) and the phone was in my pocket. I was very glad there was no one coming in the other lane!

Rod,

I am glad you are alive and your pic reminds me of the time I had a radiator cap come off a car and I ended up with 3rd degree burn on the inside of my right bicept (can you say TENDER AREA?). Your injury is much worse tho but I can relate to your helplessness and desire for this to heal. I was out of work for 4 weeks or so and at the time (late 70's) they only applied silvadene cream to the wounds.

Hang in there and you'll come back better than ever!

Thanks for all the wishes and prayers , Jeremy that rat rod project is looking great, I never was really into those but I like yours, your craftsmanship is superb! there is a late 40's truck across the field from me in the timber--

Can you still wrap it around a cold beer? It will make it feel and look better almost immediately. Get well soon Rod.

"Flysure1" said:
Thanks for all the wishes and prayers , Jeremy that rat rod project is looking great, I never was really into those but I like yours, your craftsmanship is superb! there is a late 40's truck across the field from me in the timber--

Thanks Rod.

And go snag it up - or snag it for me! I will come get it. :steer

Ouch Rod , must be painful. :hide
Like Mike said : keep trying to grap a cold beer with that hand.
Good practicing for fingers and handpalm and it feels sooo goood !! :thu :thu

Back