• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I gotta get out more....

Taking Terry's sage advice. Opened pic on phone. Rotated it from vertical to 90 degrees to the right so the sky was on the right. Since the original vertical pic was rotated by SF 90 degrees to the left maybe it would do such again. NOPE. The pic here although taken vertically, then rotated to the right saved on the phone then moved to a folder on my PC. Still with the sky on the right. I then uploaded it to SF and here you have it. It rotated 180 degrees just like the first pic.
SF Test 90 to the right.jpg

My head hurts just from trying to read your explanation. Correct me if I am wrong but has anyone else complained about the same pic upload issue as I think you are alone in this one. How are you uploading to the site? Making posts from your phone or computer? Are you using the "attach files" button under the box where you type your posts or some other means? Are the pics correctly oriented in the draft but change when posted? I'm genuinely curious now how you are doing this!

Here are 4 test pics. iPhone 13 mini.
Vertical, lenses up top right.
IMG_1292.jpeg
Flip phone to left. Pic is horizontal with lenses up top left.
IMG_1294.jpeg
Flip phone to right from vertical. Pic is horizontal with lenses now at right lower.
IMG_1293.jpeg
Last… phone is vertical but upside down. Lenses at bottom left.
IMG_1292.jpeg

So I asked my youngest what the deal might be. He says that if a pic is too large in size many websites will rotate it to landscape as that offers a wider range of pixels. I'm betting this is why the randomness of your pics rotating. Of course, this would mean its not that you're just old and lack tech skills which is really disappointing to possibly admit.

I do have to reduce the size to 50% so SF will load them. Maybe I should reduce them more and see what happens.

My post #15 shows that taking a pic (calendar on wall) with the phone horizontal makes it work. I guess I'll stick with that. Thing is sometimes when taking pics (in the vertical) and then later wanting to post they will always be re-oriented to horizontal.
I've seen this on many other sites where the pic is on its side. Not just here.

If that pic was reduced to 25% your pics are MASSIVE to begin with. I reduce the pics I post typically 40% or so and they are not nearly as large as that last pic you posted. I think my kid is right the issue is simply your pic size. Stop over compensating with the camera!

LMAO !! Its funny to read what old dudes write about posting pics ! I think this forum is called : " Senior Fix ". :p:p:p

Back