• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I hate friggin' winter

d_ford

The high today was forecast to be a little under 20 degrees but I don't think it even came close. There's snow on the ground and more falling on and off and has been for the past several days.

I spent a couple of hours today outside splitting wood and now my back hurts again. It's funny, even as cold as it is I work up a sweat and then just get colder. I know, I know...I could buy a hydraulic log splitter but I'm a tight ass. I use one of those all steel monster mauls, the kind with the steel handle welded to the (seems like) 120 lb. wedge head. Hey, after I quit deer hunting for the year it's about the only exercise I get at home.

I look forward all year to fall. I love that time of year when the air is crisp and cool and I can get out into the woods and bow hunt. I like it even more than tinkering on my cars. The problem is what comes after. Winter seems like it lasts 6 months anymore. When I was a kid I liked it...sledding, skiing, snowball fights, snow forts, etc. but I'm not a kid anymore. I suppose I could move but after reading Dave's post about the closet man-fairies out there I think I'll stay here in appalachia. We may be behind the rest of the country but that may be a GOOD thing.

Anyhow I don't want to go to the garage, it's just too cold. It's not heated and it takes forever for the kerosene torpedo heater to make it bearable, not to mention my increasing lower tolerance to carbon monoxide. I sure hope we get a january thaw soon.

I'm with you Doug, it was 5* when I went out this am to plow the compound after being gone for a few days. Supposed to snow more tonight, then again Tues-Wed.

I need me a bigger tractor with a heated cab!

51 and sunny here today, took the Mustang out for the first drive of the new year. Ran down to autozone and picked up oil and filter for the DD. Leaving soon for a hockey game or I'd take the Mustang for another run...

You're in the Grumpy old farts lounge now sir, feel free to throw out a fuck or two.

Thanks,

First day of the new year and my furnace takes a shit. Won't go above freezing for a week and down in the teens at night, not to happy. It'll be monday before I can get the part.

Winter can kiss my freezing ass.

Well if the New Years holiday has passed then it is time to take down the Christmas decorations. SWMBO and daughter work inside and I pull all of the boxes down from the garage rafters. Did a little cleaning up there while all of the Christmas crap was down. It started to get a little warm up there after lunch time. Oh it is in the 70's here today. Yea I know we suck. :fbomb fd

"Sluggo" said:
You're in the Grumpy old farts lounge now sir, feel free to throw out a fuck or two.

Thanks,

I FUCKING hate you?

"silverblueBP" said:
I FUCKING hate you?

Dude, who else looks out for you here? Who else loaded a personal smilee, just for you? :!! SO what if I text Deb every now and then and meet up with her once a year.... Its not like I pick on you.. We went to the same HS for petes sake..

"Fast68back" said:
Dude, who else looks out for you here? Who else loaded a personal smilee, just for you? :!! SO what if I text Deb every now and then and meet up with her once a year.... Its not like I pick on you.. We went to the same HS for petes sake..

YEAH! You fucking ingrate! :wtf

"d_ford" said:
Ok...I hate fucking winter. Better?

Perhaps one of the most interesting and colorful words in the English language today is the word "fuck". It is the magical word which, just by its sound can describe pain, pleasure, love, and hate.

In language , "fuck" falls into many Grammatical categories.
It can be used as a verb both transitive (John fucked Mary) and intransitive(Mary was Fucked by John).
It can be an action verb (John really gives a fuck), a passive verb (Mary really doesn't give a fuck), and adverb (Mary is fucking interested in John), or as a noun (Mary is a terrific fuck).
It can also be used as an interjection (Fuck! I'm late for my date with Mary). It can even be ued as a conjunction (Mary is easy, fuck she's also stupid).
As you can see there are very words with the overall versitility of the word fuck.
Aside from its sexual connotations, this word can be used to describe many situations:
1. Greetings........."How the fuck are ya?"
2. Fraud..............."I got fucked by the car dealer."
3. Resignation......."Oh, fuck it!
4. Trouble............."I guess I'm fucked now."
5. Agression........."FUCK YOU!"
6. Disgust................"Fuck me."
7. Confusion............." What the fuck....?"
8. Displeasure............"Fucking shit man..."
9. Lost........................"where the fuck are we?"
10.Disbelief.............."UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!"
11.Retaliation............."Up your fucking ass!"
12.Apathy................."Who really gives a fuck?"
13.Suspicion............."Who the fuck are you?"
14.Directions.............."Fuck off."
It can be maternal........"MOTHERFUCKER!!"
It can be used to tell time......." It's four fucking twenty!"
It can be used as an anatomical description............."He's a fucking asshole."
Lastly, it has been used by many notable people throughout history:
"What the fuck was that?" ~Mayor of Hiroshema~
"Thats not a real fucking gun." ~John Lennon~
"Where the fuck is all this water coming from?" ~Captain of the Titanic~
"Who the fuck is gonna find out?" ~Richard Nixon~
"Heads are gonna fucking roll." ~Anne Boleyn~
"Any fucking idiot could answer that." ~Albert Einstein~
"It does so fucking look like her!" ~Picasso~
"You want what on the fucking celiling?" ~Michaelangelo~
"Fuck a duck." ~Walt Disney~
"Houston we have a big fucking problem." ~The crew of Apollo 13~

Lookin' out my back door this morning. Still comin down, still blowing, winter storm warning until 7 PM.
fuck every last one of ya anywhere it's over 30*

P1032449.JPG

Pulp Fiction Fuck Version

Sorry, but I like the winter.
I enjoy summer more but Two years ago I discovered Snowmobiling.
Holy Shit is it great. Haven't felt that excited about something in 20 yrs.
Yeah maybe that sounds a bit gay but man is it fun.
Looking forward to feb.when I go back upstate
:ecit :ecit :ecit

You brought this on your self.

As pointed out here by others, Southern Cal was 70 yesterday. It was 60 here in Las Vegas and I drove the '65 wagon for an extended 1hr drive. Today I'll be taking the '65 Stang out to Lake Mead. And water the plants in the yard.

We know, "we suck", but somebody's got to do it.

Enjoy!

:fbomb

"Dennis Harrelson" said:
Lookin' out my back door this morning. Still comin down, still blowing, winter storm warning until 7 PM.
fuck every last one of ya anywhere it's over 30*

+1

Still fucking snowing here, every damn day it's the same fucking thing. Wake the fuck up, put 4 fucking layers of clothes on, go to the barn and fire up the tractor. Head out and plow the fucking drive.

It's only January and I'm sick to fucking death of clearing the road :rp

Since we went to the same HS Rick, I retract my "I fucking hate you" Gotta be nice to a Bulldog brother :pbj
BTW, drove by Mainland HS last week....I doubt you'd recognize the stinkhole!

-25f here in the frozen tundra, Thursday Morning I'll be in Punta Fucking Cana on assignment taking pictures for the thong thread

Back