• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I hate friggin' winter

Blow me, least you fuckers still have heat. I've been out the past few days playing "i'm a fucking lumberjack" and cutting firewood. Winter is some bullshit.

Too bad you can't get that POS pilot going with a bbq lighter and run the temp up in your house to 80.. :scar

Here's one to help warm you guys in the snow areas.....
snowy_streets_screenshot_003.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.carstuckgirls.com/helpless_girl_snow_stuck_mustang_011.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.carstuckgirls.com/gallery_helpless_girl_stuck_in_snow_with_Mustang.htm&usg=__xQkayxfaEmj9l944JgIJh2tEZvg=&h=567&w=850&sz=236&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=tuaReDX-sQGiYM:&tbnh=97&tbnw=145&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmustang%2Bstuck%2Bin%2Bsnow%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rlz%3D1C1GGLS_enUS334US334%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Last edited by a moderator:
"LSTCUP" said:
Too bad you can't get that POS pilot going with a bbq lighter and run the temp up in your house to 80.. :scar

Thought about it, but with my luck, I'd blow the house up. So firewood it is.

"Gigantopithecus" said:
Blow me, least you fuckers still have heat. I've been out the past few days playing "i'm a fucking lumberjack" and cutting firewood. Winter is some bullshit.

Damn I wish you were closer. I haven't been able to try out my new toy. Picked up a Husqvarna 455 Rancher the other day. Brand new in the box for $100 less than anybody else has 'em for. I was one day away from the Stihl when I found this one for the price, couldn't pass it up.

Single FUCKING digits all day here, below 0 windchill, I am not a fan of winter either, if the wife could find a similar job in a warmer state I would probably move, I could drive a mixer about anywhere, ten to fifteen years away from retirement for me probably, if I live that long.

We're having our annual cold snap here in Panama City. When I got up at 5:30AM, it was 28*. Brrr...

So...I'm out in the garage reading StangFix when the power suddenly goes out. Usually, it comes back on in seconds, but not this time. 3.5 hours later, it comes back. The garage went down to 58* and the house to 62*. We have no alternative source of heat, so it was getting dicey!

Yep, 35 at my place this am. My good old RV stayed at 75 all day.......... Let's see, two small elec. heaters for normal use because it is the parks elec., two propane heaters built into the RV but don't like spending money on the gas when I can use the parks elec., plus, If I had to, I can fire up the V-10 and use the vehicle heater. Of course, if power goes out, I also have an on board 5500 watt generator. I can also drive the house south if need be....... The more we live in this RV, the more we like it.

I've been out the past few days playing "i'm a fucking lumberjack" and cutting firewood.....

I've been playing lumberjack almost every weekend since last March. We took down 14 +130' trees, sliced them up, stacked them to dry, split them, re-stacked them and are sitting on a good 8 cords of split/dried firewood. I've got another 5-6 cords stacked and drying and they'll be split and re-stacked probably come February. Last weekend was the only weekend in quite some time that I didn't have a chainsaw in my hand.

I don't own a chainsaw. Been cutting wood with sawsall and hatchet. Went to 4 places looking for a replacement ignitor, finally got one. $35. Come home, fight with the furnace to get it in, test it. As soon as the damn thing turns on, it pops a chunk of the coil out. So I gotta go back and get another fuckin coil. Bullshit little piece is gonna make me put a few .45 rounds through the furnace.

Fuck winter.

Been cutting wood with sawsall and hatchet.

You must have been thinking of different lumberjacks than I was. I've not seen any lumberjacks using a sawsall, but I have seen those competitions on TV where they throw a hatchet/axe at a tree. Were you throwing the hatchet at anything? Your furnace maybe?

-8 here in my city in scotland damn too cold to work on my stangs i hate the guys in california its way too hot there,they should be taxed for using air/con

"GT350" said:
-8 here in my city in scotland damn too cold to work on my stangs i hate the guys in california its way too hot there,they should be taxed for using air/con

Just for that comment I am going to take my 07 out of the garage and let it set in the sun for a little while so that it gets nice and warm inside. Then I am going to go for a drive with the A/C on. :lol fd

Back