• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I learned something new today over there....

JeffTepper

I was over on VMF earlier this evening and was scrolling down the page when I came across a post asking where Charles Turner had gone as his old posts now list him as "anonymous". I thought that the question appeared innocent enough but that a reply would best be by way of PM. I directed the poster to the Concours Site if he was interested in connecting with CT. The link to the Concours Site was deleted from my PM when I pressed the "post" button. Apparenty the Gestapo mindset over there includes not only any reference to "StangFix" but also the affiliated concourse site as well. I am curious, what other words, names, and places, the thought police have banned in the interest of cleansing the site.

In the spirit of George Carlin, what are the 7 dirty words (or what ever number they are) that are on the banned list??

Pretty much this....

the-beauty-of-the-internets-demotivational-poster-1214970672.jpg

Go look at the home defense thread, and the pic I posted here pretty much sums the whole conversation. I'm done with that site.

I found out the same way. I can only imagine the amount of paranoia and insecurity that must exist amongst the VMF admins.

Dang, evidently they deleted my account. What in the world did I do that was so bad? All I did was stop going to the site! :wtf

I was wondering about that, whether you deleted your account or if someone else did. That sucks. Now no one can search for posts by you.

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
I was wondering about that, whether you deleted your account or if someone else did. That sucks. Now no one can search for posts by you.

Frank

I think you can still search and find the posts I made, but the "CharlesTurner" username is now "Anonymous." You'd have to search for a certain topic. Not sure what I did that was so bad. I guess this is the equivalent of getting banned? Don't think I have ever been banned from any website before.

Also looks like the eleanor build debacle is on the verge of being deleted. Pete and BP have been too critical and a few others have been just too sarcastic (lol).

My memory is that even with a complete ban, your account is still active. Accounts go to anonymous when a routine house-cleaning of accounts with no activity over a long period of time. It seems Charles' account was deleted by someone or something.

"silverblueBP" said:
Also looks like the eleanor build debacle is on the verge of being deleted. Pete and BP have been too critical and a few others have been just too sarcastic (lol).

Can't be a Fecal Matter Agitator and sit by and do nothing can ya? Heck, I'm just havin a little fun with that no count whiney worm building the Eleanor.

No, no, no...you can't have "fun" whilst dogging on the OP, that's not PC! I think that thread should be re-titled "How not to build a vintage Mustang"

Who builds a car from the inside out and then starts the bodywork after the interior is finished :wtf Not to mention that roll (lawsuit) bar.

Man i just read that thread, it had 8 new pages since i was over there last. :wtf is he thinking. I wonder if he is related to bob, the way he sticks up for him. Or maybe Bob is buying it with the dough he got for selling out.

If one took all the "jobs" in the e-car thread and spread them out in individual posts, I bet there would be more posts criticizing the build than there are now. Bob just cannot take the comments. I was tempted to say something to close it down but.......

"AzPete" said:
If one took all the "jobs" in the e-car thread and spread them out in individual posts, I bet there would be more posts criticizing the build than there are now. Bob just cannot take the comments. I was tempted to say something to close it down but.......

I double dog dare ya.

Back