• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I learned something new today over there....

"daveSanborn" said:
Sorry to hear that the Bob and Brian are apparently done with you Charles. How does it feel?

All I can say is that whoever banned my account has some serious mental issues. If they consider me a threat to the site, they might as well shut the whole thing down! I guess it makes them feel better or something, damn if I know?

"caspian65" said:
All I can say is that whoever banned my account has some serious mental issues. If they consider me a threat to the site, they might as well shut the whole thing down! I guess it makes them feel better or something, damn if I know?

I'm sure they are getting bombed with queries as to where they answer guys are for the concours questions.

You and Jeff are doing fabulous work over there at...... dun dun dun dah.... :wor ConcoursMustang.com. :wor

There are some very influential people signed up there. You guys should, hell, better be proud. It won't be long and that will be THE place to go for concours info.

Besides, we love you man! What more could you want?

No kidding, my mailbox is getting worn out with new member notifications for concours, think there was 4 or 5 yesterday alone.

It must be just some other forums. I post links to stangnet often and they don't get blasted, nor have I been booted. Odd , I would think stangnet would be in direct competition to them, us while over there, Uh ... those who care.

There's a post in the GT500916 epic post asking if azpete has the same steering wheel. Well, someone (I don't remember who) posted something like "you'll be waiting a long time for a response". That post is gone now. :zip

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
There's a post in the GT500916 epic post asking if azpete has the same steering wheel. Well, someone (I don't remember who) posted something like "you'll be waiting a long time for a response". That post is gone now. :zip

Frank
That was me. "You'll be waiting for a while for a response from Pete". I noticed it bit the dust sometime in the wee hours of the morning.

Not only does one get banned, but no-one else is allowed to discuss it either. As my wife said.......stupid kids games with someone who thinks they are powerful.

What happened to:

Ahhhh....he threatens......but I am not worried......I have called him on other items before with no banning. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I am not going to hold my breath. Instead, I will post as I like..........and laughing when needed.

As I said, it could happen, and I did continue posting as I wanted and laughed all the way. Had a life before VMF, still got one. Plus, as you stated, I could create another account and keep on going.

I have very little need to post on VMF for anything I need. Don't know it all but there are a million sources, plus the library if needed. The way I see it, when bob bans someone that is a long time contributor, he only hurts the new guys looking for info on their tasks at hand and builds his own self esteem. But, then again, there are plenty of others to post the correct answer so I guess all it does is boost his self esteem. Life goes on.............

"not saying it couldn't happen".......anything is possible and I figured it was going to happen sooner or later from some posts some time back.

I had two posts banned yesterday from the E thread. Ole bobby's just havin a ball lately isn't he.

"AzPete" said:
Not only does one get banned, but no-one else is allowed to discuss it either. As my wife said.......stupid kids games with someone who thinks they are powerful.

He did name himself a celebrity didn't he. I wonder what the site would be like if the next guy in line who wanted to open a forum in 94 was boss.

bob did not make the site what it is. That has been accomplished by the members only. bob simply made a place for it to happen and I suspect funded it in an odd way at times to keep it going. bob is a celebrity in his own mind and maybe a couple of others who do nothing but praise him and kiss his ass. If one wants to take pride in a site, then build it and make it a private entity. Keeping others out shows what YOUR skills are, which bob has not shown.

"AzPete" said:
bob did not make the site what it is. That has been accomplished by the members only. bob simply made a place for it to happen

Truer words were never spoken. I first logged in over there in early 1998. I know others, like Charles Turner, were there back from the Courtave BBS days. Nobody knew who Bob was or if he was even real until years later when he started posting. The first time I can ever remember him verifying that he was a real person was when he went ballistic over us making VMF t-shirts so that we could find each other at car shows. This was back in about 2000, IIRC. After much begging and pleading and convincing Bob that no one was making a profit on these shirts, he faded back into the wood work for a couple more years until he decided to upgrade the software to an earlier version of what it is now using. The VMF was already what is by then, and the only thing he had to with it, is to set some software up on one of his servers and let it run.

Back