• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I would like to be car of the month someday.

"70 StangMan" said:
I've got the time. :roll
1. Nascar fan
2. #28 RYR fan
3. #28 became the #38, so then I was a #38 fan.
4. Then RYR brought the #28 back with Travis Kvapil driving. I got to meet TK several times and he was so nice and very down to earth. Not an Ass like some of the drivers. (and TK has a Eleanor Mustang!) So then I was a #28 Travis Kvapil fan.
5. Then TK moved to the #34 car.
6. So my user name was 28 is great, then 38 is great, then 28 is great (again) and now 34 is great!

Told you you did not want to know. And by the way TK is now in the 38 car, sick of changing my user name!

When I started on forums back in 01 ( 4 years before ORP started ) I wanted to be Roadracer but it was taken, I thought :confu I do open track events, I'll be Opentracker. Took about 15sec.

"34isgreat" said:
1. Nascar fan
2. #28 RYR fan
3. #28 became the #38, so then I was a #38 fan.
4. Then RYR brought the #28 back with Travis Kvapil driving. I got to meet TK several times and he was so nice and very down to earth. Not an Ass like some of the drivers. (and TK has a Eleanor Mustang!) So then I was a #28 Travis Kvapil fan.
5. Then TK moved to the #34 car.
6. So my user name was 28 is great, then 38 is great, then 28 is great (again) and now 34 is great!

Told you you did not want to know. And by the way TK is now in the 38 car, sick of changing my user name!
RYR race fan and/ or a certain driver in the 28 ?? Davey, Jarrett, Irvan ?? How far back ?

"70 StangMan" said:
RYR race fan and/ or a certain driver in the 28 ?? Davey, Jarrett, Irvan ?? How far back ?

Davey was the best! when we lost him I just stayed with the 28. Ervin, Jarrett, Irwin, Rudd, I liked them all. Then came Travis, the underdog and just a nice guy. AND HE HAS A MUSTANG! Pics of Travis Kvapil's Mustang.

Also pic of me with Travis at Charlotte, I am the fat guy in the red shirt.

Attachments

• traviscar3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 66
  • traviscar-1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 60
  • untitled (2).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 60
"34isgreat" said:
I got to meet TK several times and he was so nice and very down to earth. Not an Ass like some of the drivers.

I was always a Mark Martin fan ( since about '93), and not much of a Jeff Gordon fan... I was invited by Dupont to the '99 Watkins Glen race... Got the full VIP treatment. I must have caught Martin at a bad time, because he didn't come off anything like I had seen on TV. This was about the time he began to lose his edge on the road courses, so that may have played a part in his attitude... Anyway, I was very impressed with just how personable Gordon was. Gordon won the race and I got to go up on the podium to get pictures with him minutes after the win... he approached me and chatted like we had known eachother for years. It's amazing how in just an minute or two you can completely flip your view of someone.... that said I don't think I'd pick Gordon4Ever as a screen name...

BTW, I was also a Yates / Ernie Irvan fan when he drove for RYR too... This was the last race before his career ending crash at Michigan two weeks later. I took this picture of him just after they had the driver/crew prayer service.
ErnieIrvin_at_Glen_99.JPG

"34isgreat" said:
Davey was the best! when we lost him I just stayed with the 28. Ervin, Jarrett, Irwin, Rudd, I liked them all. Then came Travis, the underdog and just a nice guy. AND HE HAS A MUSTANG! Pics of Travis Kvapil's Mustang.

Also pic of me with Travis at Charlotte, I am the fat guy in the red shirt.

If you are a Davey Allison fan, do I have a pc of memorabilia for you! All of the Ford drivers from 1993. Sadly this was right after Alan's untimely death.

100_0011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"34isgreat" said:
Davey was the best!
Yes he was. I was (and still am) a #1 Davey fan. I sat out a few years after his death for simply lack of interest. I often think about how many wins and championships he would have had if he was still around today.
Hey :Mark, I'll give 'ya twenty bucks and cover shipping for the helment (or you can could just bring it down the next time you come home) Deal ???

Back