• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

If you were gonna mod a 68 Vert, what would you do?

A

Anonymous

If the sky was the limit, what would you do? Color, wheels, stereo, seats, body kits, lights and so on.............

68EFIvert

I guess I would do what I have already done. Fuel injected, blown stroked small block, H20/Meth injection, 9" ford, 6 speed, front and rear coilovers, rack and pinion, large disc brakes, Alpine stereo and 5 ch amp with Focal speakers and 2 10" subs, power windows, Fox Mustang Light bar, Boyd Magneato Wheels with 17's and 18's, custom stitched interior. The body has a CS rear treatment with a Cougar Elimnator hood scoop. Clear bra on the rockers. Color is HOK Kandy Brandywine over gold base. If I were to do it again I may change the wheels to something different.

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Weld on a fastback roof! After that, all the other options are irrelevant as you've already got the ultimate Stang. :hide

Just causing trouble...

janschutz

Corn Hauler
I done one Mustang close to concours, One with stealthy modifications. The next one will me with a mod motor and any go fast goody I can afford.

A

Anonymous

"silverblueBP" said:
I'd mod it to look like a 65-66.
Would you like to suggest something a little more difficult? I have one already.

A

Anonymous

Turn it into a track only car and bring out to play!

A

Anonymous

Well, got one of those too however may track days are over. Fun while it lasted.

A

Anonymous

"68EFIvert" said:
I guess I would do what I have already done. Fuel injected, blown stroked small block, H20/Meth injection, 9" ford, 6 speed, front and rear coilovers, rack and pinion, large disc brakes, Alpine stereo and 5 ch amp with Focal speakers and 2 10" subs, power windows, Fox Mustang Light bar, Boyd Magneato Wheels with 17's and 18's, custom stitched interior. The body has a CS rear treatment with a Cougar Elimnator hood scoop. Clear bra on the rockers. Color is HOK Kandy Brandywine over gold base. If I were to do it again I may change the wheels to something different.
You should be proud, you have one of the best looking verts I've ever seen.

apollard

4wd with a mod motor. Wait. You're already doing that.

For a vert, I'd go for a very nice cruiser. Good tourqey HP, IRS for handling and ride, but drivability for cruisng the mountains / going out. Custom interior & seats, power everything. I'm partial to cruising in the summer with the top down

tarafied1

I love the 68 GT500KR vert but I'm not into originality. I obviously like the Eleanor look but I wouldn't do an exact copy of an E-car either. My dream car would be a cross between a 68 Shelby with some E-car touches and definitely a "restomod" pro touring theme. I'd keep the 68 Nose and maybe the E-car side skirts. I think it would be cool to have the 69/70 Shelby exhaust out the valence if I didn't do side exit exhaust. Since it's a vert I wouldn't build an all out high HP beast but a fun cruiser, maybe a new 5.0 mod motor and a TKO...
I'd do the TMI Fox Mustang seats and door panels (maybe the carbon fiber look?).
It would need some huge tires (wide) so I'd have to mini tub it and upgare the suspension so it handled and drove well cuz I would drive all the time!

Attachments

• 29a5_3.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 67 E vert.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 6297e4147f_640.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 120

gtscode

If you were gonna mod a 68 Vert, what would you do?

The 68 Shelby hood is one of my all time favorites!!!

dodgestang

Weld the doors, put a real roll bar in it, mount some lights on it, put some shelby fiberglass on it, and drive it around my favorite island resort towns.

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
"67 evil eleanor" said:
You should be proud, you have one of the best looking verts I've ever seen.

+1 here very nice car !!! :thu :thu :thu

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
Re: If you were gonna mod a 68 Vert, what would you do?

"gtscode" said:
The 68 Shelby hood is one of my all time favorites!!!

I love the 67 shelby hood.