• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

If you were gonna mod a 68 Vert, what would you do?

A

Anonymous

The hood is still a toss up. It will be either a 67 or 8 with the ducktail rear and probably the standard lights. I was thinking old school centerline rims with 8's and 10's on the back. Mod 4.6 with a single turbo mounted somewhere, EFI of course, aftermarket comfortable seats, aluminum roll bar and a good stereo. "VERY" quiet exhaust. That's what I've thought of so far. Just about over the thinking stage and about to fire up the plasma. Photos of the nothing done yet stage.

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    368.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 018.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 016.JPG
    398.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 015.JPG
    300 KB · Views: 30
  • 014.JPG
    345 KB · Views: 28
  • 010.JPG
    386.9 KB · Views: 36

apollard

Nice. With the 4wd that will make for a nice cruiser. Fall drives to see the sights will be sweet.

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
Have a 67 vert for over 15 years now . Car is into pieces.Has major construction fault made by previous owner.
Dooropening is 1/2 inch to short ( A-pillar to B-pillar )

Just waiting for someone who would throw some cash in my direction.Any volunteer ?

Attachments

• M4100010.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 34
  • GARAGE1.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 32

"67 evil eleanor" said:
The hood is still a toss up. It will be either a 67 or 8 with the ducktail rear and probably the standard lights.

Either hood is a good choice, but for the love of God and all thing Holy...please don't put a cowl induction style hood on it. I can't figure out why people put those things on Mustangs. They belong on Camaro and Chevelle.

A

Anonymous

"1497" said:
Either hood is a good choice, but for the love of God and all thing Holy...please don't put a cowl induction style hood on it. I can't figure out why people put those things on Mustangs. They belong on Camaro and Chevelle.

I agree 100%.

CoupedUp

"dodgestang" said:
Weld the doors, put a real roll bar in it, mount some lights on it, put some shelby fiberglass on it, and drive it around my favorite island resort towns.

Hmmm..... I like your Originality...... LOL

Attachments

• TCAThumb.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 115
A

Anonymous

"dodgestang" said:
Weld the doors, put a real roll bar in it, mount some lights on it, put some shelby fiberglass on it, and drive it around my favorite island resort towns.

That very car you described was in a movie, I've been straining the neurons the last few days trying to think what the name was. It's killing me.

How about this one...

i002171.jpg

ZFORCE

Well, the 68 vert I have is stock, the 67 vert won't be.
PB152441.JPG

Interior
PB062235.JPG

P8041075.JPG

Since it is a vert, I'm not going to go to crazy with the HP. I decided to go with a Kenne Bell cause I love the noise they make.

P12331501.JPG

I have a TKO 500, and a 4R70W, but it looks like the auto is going in since it will be a cruiser. I am also going with the EEC V to control both. AC, 4 wheel Discs, but I'm going to use the 95 drive train, including the 8.8. Shelby rear spoiler and a long nose/hood, probably the 68 Shelby hood. HIDs and LEDs everywhere. Moates and a real dark color, phantom stripes or tone on tone, FR500 wheels, with AC and a console GPS/Stereo, and the roll bar/brake light setup.

FR500_CHRM.gif

I'm hoping to start after I finish my 61 Ranchero with the 63 front end, parts chaser!

P2085965.JPG

P1211166.JPG

RapidRabbit

Donator
Re: Re: If you were gonna mod a 68 Vert, what would you do?

"Fast68back" said:
How about this one...

i002171.jpg

I haven't seen innerspace in years. That was one of my favorite movie mustangs. The movie on the other hand, pretty cheesy.

A

Anonymous

I really, really like that one. The flares are a little wild but otherwise it looks darn good. Even the "Centerlines" that now a days you don't see very much of really stands out. :thu

dodgestang

"CoupedUp" said:
Hmmm..... I like your Originality...... LOL

What everyone makes movie cars!
Bullit Clones
gone on 60 clones

I just like my clones a little more off the beaten path so to speak ;)

lethal289

I would probably start with a full frame and suspension then go all out on modern amenities. Mod motor, Heated power seats, power windows, locks, shave the door handles / locks. Use as much modern technology as i could. For a modded car, i really like the way Kevin Tetz from trucks is doing his.

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_9460.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 68

joesgt281

"ZFORCE" said:
I have a TKO 500, and a 4R70W, but it looks like the auto is going in since it will be a cruiser. I am also going with the EEC V to control both. AC, 4 wheel Discs, but I'm going to use the 95 drive train, including the 8.8.

You may know this, so just ignore it if you do....
The only EEC V that was used for a pushrod motor was the 96+ Explorer, Bronco, and some vans.
I'm not sure if they used 4R70Ws but they may have. They did not use conventional distributors so if you're planning on using a 96+ EEC V with a distributor type ignition, you may have some investigating to do.
An EEC IV will easily handle your distributor ignition system, but weren't made for 4R70Ws. You can either manually control your tranny with the lever and 2 switches for OD and lock up, or go with a standalone computer like the Baumann Optishift for the trans. I used their unit when I put a 4R70W in my 08 GT500 and love it.

Fst Blk

"ZFORCE" said:
I have a TKO 500, and a 4R70W, but it looks like the auto is going in since it will be a cruiser. I am also going with the EEC V to control both. AC, 4 wheel Discs, but I'm going to use the 95 drive train, including the 8.8. Shelby rear spoiler and a long nose/hood, probably the 68 Shelby hood. HIDs and LEDs everywhere. Moates and a real dark color, phantom stripes or tone on tone, FR500 wheels, with AC and a console GPS/Stereo, and the roll bar/brake light setup.

I'd like to take that tko off your hands :roll

Bill