• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

If you were gonna mod a 68 Vert, what would you do?

"dodgestang" said:
What everyone makes movie cars!
Bullit Clones
gone on 60 clones

I just like my clones a little more off the beaten path so to speak ;)

What's your ideas?

"joesgt281" said:
You may know this, so just ignore it if you do....
The only EEC V that was used for a pushrod motor was the 96+ Explorer, Bronco, and some vans.
I'm not sure if they used 4R70Ws but they may have. They did not use conventional distributors so if you're planning on using a 96+ EEC V with a distributor type ignition, you may have some investigating to do.
An EEC IV will easily handle your distributor ignition system, but weren't made for 4R70Ws. You can either manually control your tranny with the lever and 2 switches for OD and lock up, or go with a standalone computer like the Baumann Optishift for the trans. I used their unit when I put a 4R70W in my 08 GT500 and love it.

Thanks Joe, I'm not 100% sold on the EEC V, but I already have an exploder short block with the distributorless ignition and I like that set up, and since they did come with the 4r70W tranny, it seems a natural and would look cleaner with the KB SC. BUT, I also have a 95 331 with the EEC IV...so I'm not 100% committed. But thanks for the hint!

Back