• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I'm Freezing!

Laurie S.

Staff member
Tucson is going through a hard freeze period right now and I'm freaking cold! This started Friday night and it's not going to warm up again until late Thursday. Daytime highs aren't too bad, mid-40s, but the nighttime is killing me. My house is near a major wash and last night it dropped to 16 degrees. My heat pump gives out at 28 degrees, and so I lose the heat around 8 pm and don't get it back until around 10 am. I have two radiator heaters and, finally threw my old electric blanket on the bed yesterday to keep me warm while watching tv.

For anyone who remembers asking me why I would ever need the heated floor I had installed in my master bath and walk-in closet---this is why!

Give me heat any day!

Yeah, but you guys are used to it! I grew up in Michigan and remember the cold quite well. Used to do a lot of skiing, too, and ended up in my share of snowbanks.

Our normal daytime temps now should be 60s to 70s and the night should be low 40s, so we're about 30 degrees below normal. Imagine if your weather did that suddenly!

Global warming, my a$$!

Cold here in ca too. Good 20* this morning. I think our high is 46*. Sucks working in this temp. Aint nothing getting done at home after work

I posted a picture of the 18" of snow we got a week and a half ago......... Now its all gone. It was 60 degrees in Upstate NY yesterday.... DAMN GLOBAL WARMING :soapboxrant

We never get this cold. It was -13 last night and 0 when I tried to start my work truck. took an hour, battery froze and now won't hold a charge, so I got a new one today. The F350 fuel gelled even though it was plugged in. Took 1/2 hour to start it.

Amber told me when she got to work in Cedar City this morning at 8:15 AM it was -10....

Global warming?

I hate the heat, but dislike the super cold too. I would rather deal with the cold though. I have heat by wood and furnace via Natural Gas. So I start a fire and turn the heater up until the fire can get it warm.

All the snow is gone, but colder than heck!

Hehehehe, even my paint was frozen this morning.

Mel

It's about 15 here today. Without the windchill. If we went 30 degrees below normal right now it would 20 below zero. Which does happen.

Last week we were in the low 40s which is quite a heat wave for January here. All our snow melted away too.

So......what happened to the Packers? Was it too warm here for them?

How is the press treating them there?

Re: Re: I'm Freezing!

"KBMWRS" said:
So......what happened to the Packers? Was it too warm here for them?

How is the press treating them there?

As much as I hate to admit it, we simply got beat by the better team. Flat out. I knew they wouldn't make it to the superbowl this year.

The press isn't beating them up. There's a lot of depressed people here though.

But Laurie...it's a very dry cold!

71* at night here...A/C units are on. *sigh*

"guruatbol" said:
We never get this cold. It was -13 last night and 0 when I tried to start my work truck. took an hour, battery froze and now won't hold a charge, so I got a new one today. The F350 fuel gelled even though it was plugged in. Took 1/2 hour to start it.

Amber told me when she got to work in Cedar City this morning at 8:15 AM it was -10....

Global warming?

I hate the heat, but dislike the super cold too. I would rather deal with the cold though. I have heat by wood and furnace via Natural Gas. So I start a fire and turn the heater up until the fire can get it warm.

All the snow is gone, but colder than heck!

Hehehehe, even my paint was frozen this morning.

Mel
I'm going to be out your way (SLC) all next week. Sure hope it gets warmer. Been spoiled all winter so far here at home. Not ready to face any real cold just yet.

"Midlife" said:
71* at night here...A/C units are on. *sigh*

STFU. Low's in the 30's at night, high's in the 40's here for 1-2 weeks, the house stays a chilly 52-54 during day and I work from home, to expensive to heat it until SWMBO comes home.

"SAC69" said:
STFU. Low's in the 30's at night, high's in the 40's here for 1-2 weeks, the house stays a chilly 52-54 during day and I work from home, to expensive to heat it until SWMBO comes home.

Wait...what??? I thought you Kali folks are always going around blabbering on about how wonderful the weather is ALL THE FRACK'N TIME??

WTF??

We've been in a heat wave here in South Carolina for the last week. Been in the mid to upper 70's. It's been fabulous! :thu

I already lost the heat in the house by 6 pm tonight. I am not a happy (or warm) camper.

Re: Re: I'm Freezing!

"Laurie S." said:
I already lost the heat in the house by 6 pm tonight. I am not a happy (or warm) camper.

Where's that fiance of yours to warm you up?

Back