• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Johnpro News - UPDATED with Contact Info

Re: Johnpro News - Please read

"FordDude" said:
Can I throw something out there as a tribute to John. Scary was up for COTM for August. Yes August has past, but could we put him up for September.

fd

Lets take it one step further....make Scary the official StangFix car.

Being a newbie around here, I never really got to know John. But from reading all the posts on here he seemed to be a great guy.
I am guessing the type who would bend over backwards to help anyone.
I too feel that over time you do become friends on here, even if you never meet someone in person.

My prayers go out to his family and hope that they can find some comfort.

I think a car of the month would be a good remembrance for him.

"Midlife" said:
Johnpro was a great contributor to the Mustang community: he gave his time, advise, humor, and wisdom to any and all that asked. He was a great mentor, friend, colleague, and ambassador. In the 12 years I knew him, I never once read anything negative that anybody had to say about him, which is rare in this world.

A few years ago, I had business in Gilroy, CA, and several of the NorCal folks came down on a week day to meet me for the first time and have a good time. John drove all the way from Sacramento, a fair piece of driving just to see an Internet buddy...I was truly impressed that he took the time and energy to do so; that simply was Johnpro. He even took off his hat to show he really had hair (of course, he put it quickly back on!).

If ever there was a place in heaven for one of the truly blessed, Johnpro would be first in line.

Rest in peace, my friend; you'll never be forgotten. My condolences to the entire Procheska family.

Very well said Randy,The man was truly someone to look up to in all ways.

RIP buddy, you and Tracy meant so much to Steph and I. Thanks for every thing you gave us.

Dave and Stephanie.

I have been heart broken since hearing the news yesterday. John will always be a part of me and my Mustang. He often encouraged me to get it done, and I know we both looked forward to a Silver Fastback showing!

John and his wife are two of the nicest people my wife and I have had the honor to call friends! My wife and I always felt a kindred spirit with them as they were truly in love!

John's passing has hit me a lot harder than I would have imagined, I never got around to posting all the pictures from China, he was a huge hit all over the country.

I didn't get a chance to go see him and it makes me so sad that I missed him at the last gathering.

I will miss him greatly and Tracy and his children are in my constant thoughts and prayers.

To the Bar John!!!!

Godspeed, Johnpro, thanks for everything. You'll never meet a more generous person.

Reno 2010
SACRY2.jpg

Sept 2009
Picture024-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rest in Peace John. John was a great resource for anything Mustang, and I think we all are better Mustangers because of him. I wish his family well in this tough time.

I've been reading advice from John since the early days of the VMF. While I never got to meet him, I felt like I knew him. He was always the nicest person with a great sense of humor.

John, you will be missed. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the family.

Dammit. I've been dreading a thread like this since I read on here that he was ill.

I never got to meet John in person but I've known of him through the message boards for several years. So even though I can't claim the privilege of personal friendship I am still sad to hear this.

Deepest sympathies to his family & friends.

I too would like to post tribute to a man I never met but respected tremendously. John and I were putting together our 69 Mustangs right around the same time, and IM'd back and forth on the 408W I was just finishing. We were on opposite coasts but had arrived at nearly the identical motor, 185 AFR heads, roller cam etc and really helped each other out with setting up the Tremec drive angles, the JMC hydraulic clutch bleeding woes, etc. I remember I turned him onto a how-to video of setting up a Ford 9" rear that I had just used to setup my 3.73s and he went out and re-did Scary's with some 3.90s. When I mentioned my power brakes were really spotty due to the cam, he asked for my mailing address... I wondered why until I got his 69 manual pedal in the mail. That pedal is used in my car now, and as corny as it sounds, I realize as I type this that I'm proud to have known him and glad a part of his car still rides with me.

A generous man with his knowledge, his parts, and from what I read from other posters, with his time as well.
Thank you John- I'm sorry we never met. My deepest condolences to his family.

"Midlife" said:
... In the 12 years I knew him, I never once read anything negative that anybody had to say about him, which is rare in this world.

I believe Randy's quote says a lot about John, and what he has done for many of us in the Mustang hobby.

When I first started my restoration project back in the VMF days, John's posts were golden for me. I always knew that his insight was honest, accurate and often with humor. Even before I met John, I felt that I knew him. He gave so much to the Mustang community, and he never asked for anything in return.

John, I already miss you, but your advice, assistance and humor will live on with me. Rest in peace...

To the bar!!!

Man, I'm gutted. This has been a tough year. My condolences to Tracy and the family. I'll be attending the services and bringing the D-coder. Hope to see a lot of Mustangs there. John inspired a lot of us and I always enjoyed bantering with him about the technical side of our hobby. ....

Pat

When I first got my 66, and had zero experience working with cars to begin with, John was always one of those guys who didn't care whether my questions had been asked eight million times. He always responded thoughtfully kindly. John, among others, was one of those guys who gave me the encouragement I needed to continue with the car. He gave me something to aspire to. THEN, I actually met him at a Meet in the Middle and I instantly knew he was just one of those guys. The type who people show up at an event just to hang out with.

It was truly an honor to have called John a friend, and Katie and I will miss him dearly.

A couple of things I'll remember about John:

- The time he took us for a ride with David in the back of Scary. My neck has never been quite the same. One of the wildest mustangs I have ever been in.
- The look on his face when we got him the boot glass with the spinning LED lights in the bottom
- Gorilla farts
- Nicest. Guy. Ever.

John was truly a great guy, a great friend, and a talented mentor to all struggling Mustang hobbyists. All the while Tracey has been supportive of John's Mustang addiction and has been a regular at the many events and activities involving couples. During the time that I have known John and Tracey, my wife and I always look forward to the many visits with both of them, Mustang related or otherwise. When news broke of John's dire circumstances several months ago, I happened to have a regular check up scheduled with my doctor and I brought up the subject of John's prognosis for a "second opinion". My doctor told me: "Go see your friend...........right now" Though I followed his advice, that admonition has haunted me ever since. John's upbeat nature, unwavering humor, and positive outlook seemed to defy the statistical probability of his own demise and I began to think that if optimism counted for anything, he might just beat this thing. Though the outcome is not surprising, my initial reaction when I learned of John's passing yesterday was disbelief. I am profoundly saddened by John's untimely death. Tracey, we love you both and will miss John greatly.

With heavy hearts, Jeff & Lynn

John was a good man, a good family man, generous with his time and unbelieveably patient with those of us seeking to pick his brain.

I'll not forget his stories of encounters with the Citrus Heights police (two tickets in 15 minutes!) , how he almost always stayed in on a poker hand when he had nothing showing only to loose time and again, how he said "What The F***?" and when years ago I stumbled onto the VMF, he invited me to meet him at a car show for the first time.

He will be greatly missed in the Nor-Cal gatherings and on Stangfix.

Very sad to see this post. I was unaware John was that sick.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family. RIP John!

"Outlawboss" said:
he was just one of those guys. The type who people show up at an event just to hang out with.

Many of the other comments have resonated with me as well, but this one really hit home. He was like a favorite uncle that you always look up to and look forward to seeing.

I, too, have a piece of his '66 that will be installed in my '67 when the time comes.

My condolences to John's family. He WILL be missed.

Frank

1:30am. Woke up thinking about him. As expected, a bunch of kind words in this post. The upcoming MITM (annual Meet In The Middle) and other future NorCal meets will not be the same. A big :wtf void

RIP John.

I couldn't believe it when I first got word over the phone what had happened. Still pretty much in shock.

So many words to describe John, he was funny, smart, humble, positive, sincere, generous, I can go on and on. What I personally hope to have learned from John was that it wasn't only in his words but in his actions.

I met John and the Nor-Cal Stangfix crew at the 2009 taste of Morgan Hill show where John had Intoduced me to his 66 coupe which lives on now with Pete.

DSC_1850.jpg

From the second that I met John, as others have mentioned, you just immediately knew that he was a great guy, full of knowledge and willing/happy to share it. Regardless of how simple my questions were he always shared his advice with a kindness that is becoming more and more rare everyday. He is the guy that travels 120 miles in between chemotherapy sessions just to hang out with his friends and help which ever way he could pull the engine and transmission out of Fred.

e896ef44.jpg

53d0bbe9.jpg

I only wish I could have known him longer, he will be missed and thought of regularly. I can only be consoled by the thought that he is resting in peace and no longer having to endure the pain and suffering while he battled so bravely to stay with us for as long he could.

We will miss you buddy. A LOT!

"to the bar"

My thoughts and prayers are with Tracey and his children.

First off, RIP John, and My condolenses to Tracy and the family. I never knew John personally but, damn this just hit me very hard. I feel as if I just lost a close and great family member. I am not ashamed to say I have a tear in my eyes hearing this very sad news about Johns passing. I could ramble on about how I feel right now but everyone has pretty much said what I am feeling. This is truly a shocker. I now know where Johnpro is. Here's to you John.

Back