• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Johnpro News - UPDATED with Contact Info

Re: Johnpro News - Please read

Super nice guy and I'm pretty bummed about this. I've only met him few times, but he was always super nice to me, even though he didn't know me at all. I'd appreciate some info about the service and if other stangs are going to show up.

-brad

"cmayna" said:
Mike,
Those pics are priceless. John at his happy times.

The pics make it all so real, the Norcal Mustang Gang and StangFix will never be the same again! I remember so many of these moments just sitting there and shooting the shit! I will admit I gladly laughed and smiled even the fourth time I heard about the wheel falling of the 66 but you know I loved hearing that story every single time!!!

I have some great pics that I will have to find and post up.

I am shocked and saddened by this news. I haven't been on the fix in a few days. I had just PM'd John a few weeks ago to ask about his progress and he was in good spirits and saying he was doing well.
I didn't know John as well as some of the other guys as i only knew him from VMF, here and Knott's every year. He was a fantastic guy who didn't take long to like.
I had the priveledge of being able to draw up an illustration of Scary a few years ago and still feel it was one of my best. His drawing will eternally hold a special place on my website.
John, you will be missed by many.
My condolensences to Tracy and his family and all the NorCaler's that will have one less seat filled at the poker table.

RIP, John.

Even though I never met John in person, it truly saddens me to read this news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and also to his close friends here that I know are really hurting right now. From everything I have seen you are all more blessed for having him part of your lives.

-James

Like the others, I'm shocked and saddened by the news. John was the one guy anyone could rely on to answer any question you had about anything. And never did he make anyone feel bad for asking. The minute and the way he responded you knew you had a friend for life. Johnis one of life's best examples for the use of internet, he used it to enrich more people's lifes than most people would believe possible.

To The Bar..

Such sad news, Toni and I have not been on the forum for a few days and missed this. I received a call today from Bill(SacBill) he gave us the sad news about John, Although we are 3,000 miles away our hearts are with his family and friends, we will miss him dearly. One of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of knowing..Rest in Peace dear friend.

Wow, I usually don't read the threads in this forum. I didn't know him, but remember reading his threads on VMF. Very intelligent guy. RIP

I never met John that I remember. But may have in the early 90's when we attended several functions with the Sacramento Club while I was in the DVMA club. But I had lots of correspondences with him when I was putting my electric fan in my 66. He readily sent pictures and advice how to install the fan. He will be missed in the how-to Mustang world.

I never got to meet John, but I feel like I knew him well.

Rest In Peace my friend.

This is nice. Reading stories everyone is sharing of John. Makes me feel like I got to know him like others knew him.

I am so very sad about this. I´m in Mexico right now scuba diving and just got back in to read an e-mail from Stan that John had passed. I was afraid with his prognosis and his selling his car that it was much worse than what he let on. I will raise a beer in his honor tonight with a very sad heart.

I just wanted to bump in here and remind folks that a post box has been set up if you want to send any condolences:

Tracey Prochaska
3308 El Camino Avenue, Ste 300 #428
Sacramento, CA 95821

Don't send any perishables, since this is not a home address. I'll make sure the family gets all the mail delivered there.

Thoughts and prayers to all friends and family. May your heavy hearts be lightened by all the wonderful memories you have. The pictures are great. I didn't know him, have only read his posts, but seeing those pictures really makes it seem as if I did.

I thought this was a funny photo. There we were at Hot August Nights in 2009, freezing our butts off! We're drinking some wine, but my recollection of johnpro's quote was: "G0DDAMN, it's cold out!!!"

173_09_08_09_2_44_37.jpg

L-R: SharonSacbill, Traceypro, Johnpro

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe he has passed away. Came to my rescue many times with Lola. We also had fun at the beer gardens @ Downtown Roseville tuesday nights. Will definitely be sending Tracey a card. So sad!

I just read this, very sad news, he was "one of the good guys", RIP. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I'll read all the posts in this thread later....

WTF? I was taking the Waldopro/Johnpro picture around taking pics of it all week during my tour! I don't remember what day I called, but I had taken a pic and had a feeling I needed to call. I called and left a message!

I am sitting here at home on the first day of my vacation with a tears in my eyes wondering if I should even post all the pics and the story behind the pics I took of Waldopro/Johnpro's travels to Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore....???

I am so sad for Tracy, I will miss John very much and to Tracy, anything Amber and I can be now and in the near future, please let us know. The hood from the 66 is on my 65 and I will do my very best to make John proud of it. It will always remain a part of my 65 as long as I have the car.

I am in shock, all I can say is WTF???????????

With love and my prayers, Thank you John :WP for being a friend! You will be missed!

Mel

"SAC69" said:
John was a good man, a good family man, generous with his time and unbelieveably patient with those of us seeking to pick his brain.

I'll not forget his stories of encounters with the Citrus Heights police (two tickets in 15 minutes!) , how he almost always stayed in on a poker hand when he had nothing showing only to loose time and again, how he said "What The F***?" and when years ago I stumbled onto the VMF, he invited me to meet him at a car show for the first time.

He will be greatly missed in the Nor-Cal gatherings and on Stangfix.

Man, I remember reading that story with his two tickets. I still can't believe he is gone......... I guess the 5+ years my wife has been dealing with cancer is a gift. Most others don't get that much time. RIP JP.

Back