• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

July CoTM nominations

July CoTM (repaired)

• 70StangMan

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Janshutz

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • PJ Moran

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • RapidRabbit

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Rare67

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
"KBMWRS" said:
So its almost July. Do we have specific nominations? Pics?

Isn't PJ Moran's yellow nominated? If not, I officially nominate PJ's sweet vert.

383_02_01_10_5_22_47_1.JPG

383_06_01_10_11_18_50.JPG

383_31_01_10_11_18_30_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fast68back" said:
PJ, did you buy the car wrecked or did it happen while you owned it? Whats the story on the accident?

I bought the car in '95. It was one of those so-so restorations - decent, but needed redoing. But, I didn't buy it to rebuild; I bought it to enjoy. It was very complete and bone stock and just needed a little work to make it safe, etc.

The paint job wasn't great and I could see some shoddy body work here and there. I knew it had been roughed up a little during it's former life, but again, it wasn't bad enough to warrant redoing.

I enjoyed it fairly regularly until 2003 when I got distracted and made a left turn from the right lane and got T-boned by a pickup truck.

Sad as it was, I siezed the opportunity to completely tear it down and do what I'd wanted to all along. During the teardown, I found and repaired all of the previous bad work in addition to performing the various modifications. Coincidentally, the LR quarter and taillight panel were two of the parts that needed replacing any way.

Wow!

Just found out I was nominated. Thanks, that's very cool, but it was just a little dent ;)

This gives me an excuse to clean her up and take some pictures.
Even though the contest will probably be over by then, I'm looking forward to sharing some way overdue pics.

Paul

I'm way late to the game. Thanks for the nomination, Mike. Here's some photo's anyway.

Scene of the crime. The truck on the left side of the photo hit me, the stupid DB.
Picture063b.jpg

Before: The taillight panel, bumper, filler neck, and gas cap were damaged.
Picture115-1.jpg

Picture116.jpg

After: The body shop did a beautiful job. They were able to repair the panel.
Picture023.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Scene of the crime. The truck on the left side of the photo hit me, the stupid DB.

Just out of curiousity..... why would you park your car in the middle of a parking lot? Kinda where nobody would ever expect a car to be parked? There was a nice "legal/normal/safe" parking spot right behind where Craig's standing/next to the FB.

Dave, for some reason - I thought he was actually filling up with gas when he got tapped. I don't that that exact spot is where it happened.

But I could be way wrong also.

No, that toyota in the pic is the one that hit it. I would guess there was a car where Dave suggested when they got there.

Hi Dave, good question.

Although it looks like I'm in the middle of the p/lot, I was actually stopped next to the driveway. I was waiting for the other guys to fuel up, and planned so scooting out to join the caravan.

I felt I was in a reasonably safe area because no one was around and I was clearly visible; especially to those at the gas pumps and people walking in/out of the mini-mart. Also, I didn't want to risk a door ding parking in a space. Hindsight tells me I should have probably moved to a parking space.

John's car is invisible and therefore the guy just ran into it. :craz

You would think that a guy that drives an invisible car would park in safer spots. :po :lol :lol :lol

"KBMWRS" said:
John's car is invisible and therefore the guy just ran into it. You would think that a guy that drives an invisible car would park in safer spots.

That too. Since I was invisible at the time, and the other DB driver was sober, the accident was inevitable. :scar

Back