• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

June 2010 CoTM nominations

June CoTM (Project)

• Janschutz's '68 coupe

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Monkeystash's FB

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Tony R's Coupe

• JeffTepper's 'Vert

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • 1497's vert

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • RyanG85's coupe

• 67GTrag's vert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JonK67's coupe

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Daves69coupe

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Midpack's vert

• Johnny M's E-car

• Total voters
Here is my project....
0263.jpg

Hydraulicclutch016.jpg

019.jpg

"70_Fastback" said:
I nominate Tarafied's POS Mustang Trailer!

CraigII - pics please!
POS trailer has made no progress, other than I bolted on the trunk hinges that Ryan sent me so the trunk lid won't fall off. :$$$
with the Power Tour now a month away, I'm thinking it won't be ready... here is a pic of when it came home in November.
index.php

Thanks for the nomination Darreld. I don't have beginning pics or ones where I replaced floor pans, rear trunk floor and drop off, rear quarter panel or wheel well since I didn't have a digital camera at the time. The flame job is a practice piece that I did on the roof skin that was cut off to be replaced. I will be making rally stripes on the finished car that are the style on the bottom right. I shaved my gutters when I replaced the roof and after I welded the seam I bent sheet metal and welded it over the seam to give the door surround a smoother look and to hide the door seal. The bay has been block sanded but I am waiting for my motor to come back from the engine builder so I can put it in place and mock the twin turbos. I am planning to notch my shock towers to make the headers fit.
I sand blasted the car in my garage and all work has been done by me except the motor. I have a cowl on order so I will be fabricating a steel hood(thanks to Lethal289). I will have a r-model front end with the front bumper deleted. I will fabricate a bumper to go behind the fiberglass for front impact protection. The cowl vents have been welded shut. The rear bumper will be shaved and cut to tuck in closer to the body. I have the spoiler ed trunk lid. I have a 9 in for the rear end and the car will have disk breaks all around.

Here is the rear window that I flush mounted. The rubber trim is what will be seen instead of the stainless trim that is normally around the window. I will also be flushmounting the front wind shield. I am keeping the stock 289 with a .60 over bore and aluminum heads. I swapped out the c-4 for a T-5 manual tranny.

"tarafied1" said:
Can I nominate J's rat rod? Or does it not count? It has a Ford engine....

I suppose you could as long as we can name the site RatFix.com. :lol :lol

I'd like to throw mine in if it's not too late, do ya get extra points for a messy garage?
Started with:
67side-1-1.jpg

engineclean.jpg

Woodsteeringwheel.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

About where I'm at as of ~2wks. ago,
IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

Short list:
Pulled 289 > rebuilt to 333
C4 > AOD
8" 2.79:1 > 9" 3.50:1 Tracloc
4wh. manual drums > front PDB, rear drum, replaced all lines
strut rods > adj. strut rods
20" rad. > 24" rad.
stock suspension > 1" drop springs/shelby and 4 1/2 mideye leafs all rebuilt
'67 solid column > '68 collapseable all rebuilt

I think that's the major stuff...oh wait, while I'm at it...
Thanks for lookin'
Jon

im kinda paint one of them black and see how it looks then, since my future paint job is gona b metallic black with flat black stripes.

FINALLY a contest I can enter.... :craz

this one is always undergoing some sort of "project"

there's this one.... SWMBO's vert

and well.....

I want to vote also for 1497 . Why ? Because of his PINK LH headlight extenson.
He needs the attention :ga :lol :lol

Back