• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Knott's 2011

"KBMWRS" said:
Bill...will you be working this?
KNotts hotel again?
Seems the best since they let us have the back to ourselves.

Yes, I'll check in with the Knotts hotel and see if they're still offering the same deal

Well I booked a room for all three nights now I just need to get my damn car done!!

I will not be attending if I am not driving the Mustang down. Wish me luck!

"gtscode" said:
Well I booked a room for all three nights now I just need to get my damn car done!!

Even if your car is not "completely" done, you SHOULD GO!!!

"gtscode" said:

Where did you book?

Mel

OK, so everyone knows. I have not marked up the rooms at all and I have signed a contract for a certain number of rooms as always and am on the hook if you guys don't use them.

Just thought I would let you know.

If there is a cheaper price out there for the same room, let me know so I can go back to them and get ours lowered!

also the prices quoted are including taxes and fees.

Thanks,

Mel

Mel your website doesn't show any Tabs(?) for Knotts.

Am I doing something wrong?

"KBMWRS" said:
Mel your website doesn't show any Tabs(?) for Knotts.

Am I doing something wrong?

when the page loads, look to your left. You will see "Home" then "Private Tours" "Contact us" "Group Tours" "Transportation Coordination" and finally "Knott's FFF 2011"

There a two pics to the left just above the top one is the link.

Or just try this link.

http://greatcustomtours.com/index.pub_files/Page1138.htm

HELL, IE sucks, it is taking forever to load! :wtf

I guess I need to make it more IE friendly!

Mel

I'll try the new link when I get home. Can't here at work.

I saw the lines above the pics but no links appeared...and the page had fully loaded. "done"

As I said I'll try again tonight.

"cmayna" said:
Mr. Mel,
How much of a deposit do you need and what is the cancellation notice?

OK, I just got an email from them to tell me what is going on with the lower rate.

The said there are no more $98 per night AAA rooms. The AAA rate is now $108. This is due to the events going on around there. The way they work is they set aside a certain number of rooms per night at each of their rates. When they run out of those rooms, then they run out of that rate.

As for cancellation, If you have an issue like four of my rooms did last year, don't worry, just let me know and I will work it out.

Right now the advantage of reserving a room with me is that I will be paying them the entire amount prior to you arriving and you will merely need to tell them your name at the desk when you arrive.

As for collecting the money, I don't need it right now and if you need to send me a check and have me hold it, I can do that. If you want to use your credit card, I am working on a direct payment to them so you don't have to pay the discount fee to me. That is not in stone yet, so hang on there.

To Craig, you can send me money any time, I just ask you guys that want rooms let me know so I can get a rooming list going.

The reason for the 45 days cancellation policy is a company policy and it is for ease of payment to the hotel from my company. Don't stress about it since it is not a real huge issue and well I am the owner and can bend the rules if I want to. I do have to provide the hotel with a rooming list 30 days prior.

Like stated above I did have three or four rooms cancel last minute last year and there was no problem.

So, if you want a $99 per night room PM me and I'll put you on the rooming list. If you want to do it yourself, the lowest AAA rate available per their email to me this AM is $108.

Mel

OK, you guys, go online to the Marriott site and book your rooms, NOW! They are selling rooms for $89 a night! I have cancelled my contract with them. the hotel is driving me crazy.

The person we have been dealing with for the last five years is not there anymore so I can't get the same rates as before. I don't know what it going on over there, but will have some serious talks with them about next year!

Mel

I just want to clarify. I don't mind if you guys find a better deal. I do what I can and will continue to try for you guys, but I can only do so much.

Besides right now with all the stuff going on in my life it is probably better I don't have to admin this too.

Sorry for any inconvenience to you all.

On to outback.

On April 8th at 6PM (Friday night) I have reservations for us on the patio of Outback. I am working them for some free stuff too....I will keep you posted.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Mel

Mel,
We all appreciate what you do for us. At least you can focus on your medical issues and getting us more big onion blossoms things at outback.

man must suck to have to book a room good thing i live 10 mins up beach blvd hopefully this year i wont be in the hospital again. dont plan on showing my car but will be at the gathering the day before anyone know if opentracker will be coming this year?

"guruatbol" said:
I just want to clarify. I don't mind if you guys find a better deal. I do what I can and will continue to try for you guys, but I can only do so much.

Besides right now with all the stuff going on in my life it is probably better I don't have to admin this too.

Sorry for any inconvenience to you all.

Mel, you're a good egg, but you need to take care of yourself and your family. I, like the others, appreciate all you do, but we can take care of it this year. Just get yourself in good shape...then you can be on the hot seat NEXT year!

"guruatbol" said:
OK, you guys, go online to the Marriott site and book your rooms, NOW! They are selling rooms for $89 a night! I have cancelled my contract with them. the hotel is driving me crazy.

Did anyone book for $89.00 a night? If so I am going to ask the hotel to match that. Please let me know.

Back