• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Knotts Weather

gtscode

Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of this? While my car is very roadworthy at this point it surely isn't water proof.

45b5cb60-cf50-5a33.jpg

Rain is predicted for Friday....what can I say? Predictions are predictions

I'm going.

Just have a couple of towels handy to soak up any minor weather stripping leaks.

You'll be fine, but you will have a lot more work to prep your car for the show.

Reminds me of the first time we took the 67. It was just finished except for the unknown leak around the windshield. We had two inches of water on the floor and messed up the stereo. I still haven't replaced the unit. We cruised the Southern route and on the way back on the freeway I found out where that one rubber plug I had left over went too.

Hehehehe, you all have fun! You know rain down there is just a few minutes of spitting water anyway.

Mel

I know I'm probably by myself on this but, if it is deemed to rain a lot, I'm not going. I will wait til the last minute to decide. A long trip to SoCal in the rain, is just not important enough for me to endure.

"cmayna" said:
I know I'm probably by myself on this but, if it is deemed to rain a lot, I'm not going. I will wait til the last minute to decide. A long trip to SoCal in the rain, is just not important enough for me to endure.

I am very sad to say this but I am with you. Two days of rain just isn't worth it. I am barely used to driving the car let alone all the way to LA in the rain. Sorry guys! This will be a Thursday night decision so fingers crossed!!

"gtscode" said:
I am very sad to say this but I am with you. Two days of rain just isn't worth it. I am barely used to driving the car let alone all the way to LA in the rain. Sorry guys! This will be a Thursday night decision so fingers crossed!!

Better change the quote under your name. :shrug

Frank

Waaaaaaa.......there's water coming from the sky.
Waaaaaaa

Yeah one day...maybe some rain.

But for you all four days for every mile you drive you will be rained upon.
Sugar cars.

"gtscode" said:

Guys.........................................................................Seriously????????????????????????

Let's see......................................you bought the car in L.A. and immediately drove it 350+ miles home 5 + or - years ago............how much more seat time do you need to get used to it??

If you are going concourse, use an enclosed trailer................... othewise, drive the damn thing and enjoy it!!!!!!!!

I hear you all. But I have no heater controls hooked up, no front splash guards installed and no caulking at vent panels. Plus a small hole in the fender well in the rear.

This all said the lack of defrost is my biggest worry.

I'll see how much I can do Thursday night after I get in from Houston.

"gtscode" said:
This all said the lack of defrost is my biggest worry.

That's what makes driving an old car "exciting!" :steer My heater is bypassed and a few years ago it rained on the Fri drive down, I just used towels to wipe off the w/s. But seriously, I understand not taking the "fresh" car on a long drive. Cmayna, however...

You manly guys can bash me all you want, no matter to me. Yes Shag is all ready to go and I really don't care if it get's nice and wet. But I really do not like driving these cars in the rain long distance and especially in the LA basin. Honestly, Knotts has never been that important to me. It's a nice show but getting there and back, driving through that crappy traffic is not fun at all for me.

With a current 30% chance of rain for Friday, odds are I will go but will still make a last minute decision.
Sat is looking better.

Latest weather report has the system moving through earlier...thus we will get the rain tonight and Thursday. LA is still calling for a few showers with a 30% chance on Friday.

Craig, Craig, Craig.... I drove my fresh restoration to ANOTHER state in the pouring rain.

Come on - man up!

Just watched the weather and we are are supposed to get about 1/10th of an inch of rain on Friday. So hopefully the rain gods can stay away while you guys are driving down.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Heater = No

HOOD = No

Rain or shine = YES

I have been in water up to the bottom of the doors and she didnt melt away. Just have to bring alot of towels to keep the waterspots off of all the shiny stuff on the engine.

See ya all there :steer

Back