• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Knotts Weekend 2012

101st Annual StangFix Knotts Weekend 2012

Knotts StangFix agenda (Apr 20th - Apr 22nd):
Friday Night: Drinks & Dinner
Saturday: Cruise to Ford-Cobra-Shelby Reunion in Pomona
Sunday: Knotts SHOW
Sunday Night: "Those Who Stayed Over Dinner'
Monday: Cruise home

Friday morning cruise in for those from NorCal (Apr 20th)
Central Valley folks make your plans.
I will be trying to go in the way I come out of LA this time.
101 S, Oxnard Hwy 1 S, Malibu I-10 E, I-405 S, I-105 E, I-110 S, Hwy 91 E, Beach Blvd S

Suggest motel: Marriott Courtyad, 7621 Beach Boulevard, Buena Park, California, 90620
This is where most of us from NorCal end up staying.

Friday night: Caual get-together, drinks, dinner, talk
Where: Outback Steakhouse, 7575 Beach Blvd, about 1/2 mile north of Knotts
Time: approximately 6pm

Saturday: Ford-Cobra-Shelby Reunion (Apr21st)
Where: Fairplex at Pomona, 1101 West McKinley Ave, Pomona
Time: no set time.......may join up at Courtyard in the morning for a cruise up there.

Saturday night:
Well we'll change it up this year.
Since the Pomona event will be quite taxing I took a suggestion (SacBill) that we just 'hang-out' at a ground floor room at Marriott Courtyard and order up some pizza or the like when we get back.
Or hook-up with others and go out to dinner on your own. It's your choice.

Sunday Morning meet-up before the show
Where: All Star Donuts /Polo Loco /Chevron at LaPalma ave. & Valley View St.
Time: 08:00 AM

Sunday Noon Knotts Stang Fix Pic
Where: meet in the center grass area near announcer (look for a large group in a daze)
Time: 12:00 noon

Sunday 22Apr: 'Those Who Stayed Over Dinner'
Where: Knotts Hotel, Amber Waves Restaurant
Time: 6:00PM
Reservation under: Stangfix
Amber Waves is no longer doing the buffet on Sunday night, so you will have to order off the menu....average price is $10-$15.

That's about it. It should be a great week-end as uaual. See you all there.

KBMWRS (Mike Gullery)

"KBMWRS" said:
Saturday night:
Well we'll change it up this year.
Since the Pomona event will be quite taxing I took a suggestion (SacBill) that we just 'hang-out' at a ground floor room at Marriott Courtyard and order up some pizza or the like when we get back..

Thanks for posting the weekend's details, Mike! Can anyone local to Knotts suggest a kick-@ss pizzeria that does delivery...so we don't have to be calling up Dominos? :puk

Well there is always take-out from Portillos.
They have sandwiches & salads. :thu :thu :thu :roll

So...is anybody planning on showing their car at the Pomona show-n-shine on Saturday, or just attending? I think I'm going to put my car in the Saturday show-n-shine.

Is there a "lanai" to hang out on at the hotel for the Saturday night get together? That'd be a lot of dudes in one room... :homo

By the way, here's the flyer/registration for those that wont recieve it in the mail: http://www.socalcarculture.com/Images/042212FabulousFords.pdf

And here's the Wally Parks museum Ford/Cobra/Shelby reunion registration: http://museum.nhra.com/apcm/templates/general.asp?articleid=676&zoneid=41&navsource=reunions

By the looks of the blog traffic at other sites, I think it's going to fill up earlier this year. When I was looking around at some other gearhead sites, folks are mentioning attending both, so I'd decide earlier, rather than later, to get registered.

Just to be safe.

Pomona Show-N-Shine is $75, although it does get you access to the Knotts show also.
I'm not going to do it. Just drive up there to look.

If one of us gets a ground floor inside room we'll have the lawn or one of two possible seating areas but bring your own chair anyways.

"GrabberOrange69" said:
Is there a "lanai" to hang out on at the hotel for the Saturday night get together? That'd be a lot of dudes in one room... :homo

Abe Froman....the Sausage King of Knotts Bery Farm?

"GrabberOrange69" said:

I think one year we crashed a first-floor medium-sized, meeting room.

Sorry can't use my room for it will be used mainly for the wives bikini waxing seminar, so you will need to find another room. Alright ladies.....no pushing in line...everyone will be "treated" accordingly.

"cmayna" said:
Sorry can't use my room for it will be used mainly for the wives bikini waxing seminar, so you will need to find another room. Alright ladies.....no pushing in line...everyone will be "treated" accordingly.

I think you'll need a photographer to capture the moment. I'll sacrifice and volunteer my time.

You could of at least changed it to "recliner"
That's right fellas...get me in more trouble !!!!

Talk to the manager there at the Marriott and ask if you guys can use one of the conference rooms after they are done with them around 6PM.

All I did the one year we used them was to promise we would leave it clean!

Mel

If the situation dictates a conference room would do but just joing in around a ground fllor room in the courtyard area would be morinviting.

"KBMWRS" said:
Friday morning cruise in for those from NorCal (Apr 20th)
Central Valley folks make your plans.
I will be trying to go in the way I come out of LA this time.
101 S, Oxnard Hwy 1 S, Malibu I-10 E, I-405 S, I-105 E, I-110 S, Hwy 91 E, Beach Blvd S

How about Sebastian's in San Simeon for lunch. I just want to confirm that theirs was the best burger I've ever had. :thu

Frank

Back