• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Krylon 1613 - What's the best replacement?

Cmayna and SCode, if my house gets tagged with slightly used semi-flat spray paint, I'll pretty much know who the culprits were.

"DEL65" said:
Cmayna and SCode, if my house gets tagged with slightly used semi-flat spray paint, I'll pretty much know who the culprits were.

I bet their old paint has gone bad and they were hoping to unload it onto some sucker donate it to a needy StangFix member.

"Larry G" said:
Squared off cap, not the bullet type cap. What does that mean?

The "bullet" caps are the reformulated 1613 cans. These are found at Wal-Mart, ACE hardware etc. The squared off caps is the original formulation, available from industrial suppliers like Grainger. I bought 6 cans a few years back of 1613 and 5 or the semi gloss from Grainger.

This smells like the "Classic Coke" vs the "New Coke" story from years ago however. I have a six-pack of "Classic Coke" somewhere in my storage area :)

Henry

"Indycanard" said:
The "bullet" caps are the reformulated 1613 cans. These are found at Wal-Mart, ACE hardware etc.

Are the 'bullet' caps still noted as #1613?

"Indycanard" said:
The "bullet" caps are the reformulated 1613 cans. These are found at Wal-Mart, ACE hardware etc. The squared off caps is the original formulation, available from industrial suppliers like Grainger.

What he said. I knew the original formulation was still available, but wasn't sure if it was easily recognizable by the cap. Glad to hear that it is.

"SAC69" said:
I bet their old paint has gone bad and they were hoping to unload it onto some sucker donate it to a needy StangFix member.

Was this edited because I don't remember the donate part. For the record by donate I was offering for free my paint which isn't bad yet but I do need to paint my freaking interior soon!!!!

Back