• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Licence Plates Wanted

Johnny M

I am looking to cover a big patch on my Man Cave wall with old US licence plates.

Does anyone know where i can source these in bulk(50-100) without being ripped off on Flea Bay?

I am not looking for particularly old or rare ones.

I don't mind paying a reasonable price for them but not 100's of $$$

Junkyards?

"dodgestang" said:
So...you don't want to spend too much money but you won't create a free account on a message forum?

Jeez...you guys are tough. making me join other forums.

Joined, but i have to wait for the moderator gods to approve it. I thought there might be a copy/paste weblink.

I bought a few plates this past summer here.
Kancamagus Collectables - 40 New Hampshire 112, North Woodstock, NH (603) 745-0915 ‎

They had plates from various eras. It looked like the really good stuff was already picked over but I'm pretty sure they had every state covered. I think I paid $10 for two plates from the 60's, but I'm pretty sure there were newer plates for less.

Johnny,

I have a couple spare Cali plates...not great but.

I'll bring them next year when I visit.

"Johnny M" said:
Have you moved Craig? Too hot in Cali?

No, Actually that's where I shop for my women....cold and frigid. They keep longer due to the coldness.

All the rip offs aside that pop up on fleabay, don't count it out either. You just need to keep your eyes open. A number of years back I bought a set for my fastback. We didn't have a "Year of Manufacture" program here at the time in order to register them on my car. The plates were near perfect and I paid about $19 IIRC. My state then implemented a program, but I found I still couldn't use them! What I had overlooked was the first two digits were "CG", which stands for "County Government" on all of our tags, even today. I ended up finding a tag collector on the 'net that was actually looking for a set. He traded with me for a set that I could use. Come to find out, the tags I paid $19 for were worth a little over $100!!

I have seen deals pop up on occasion for tag lots, and at a reasonable price. Again, you just gotta watch.

Back