• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Licence Plates Wanted

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
I just checked I have 5 plates for ya..

CA Blue (2)
CA Black
CA White
ILL White

crustycurmudgeon

Well, if you need any more CA plates, I can help you out. I have lots of 1956 yellow base plates and a few older ones as well. I've got some other states as well. Do you want me to send them to your US address and get them in your shipping container?

Johnny M

Holy Schmokes Guys, thanks for the all the offers.

"RapidRabbit" said:
I have a few Wisconsin plates you could have. They are not old though. From the mid 90s.
That's not a problem. They'll do just fine. I am looking for New,Old, battered or shiney.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Well, if you need any more CA plates, I can help you out. I have lots of 1956 yellow base plates and a few older ones as well. I've got some other states as well. Do you want me to send them to your US address and get them in your shipping container?

Yea. That is the plan. It's easier to send them to PA and get them into the container.

"scedd" said:
Ill send you you some aussie plates if you want. You can mount them upside down.
That would be cool. I am guessing it will easier to send to me here in Ireland?

"Ponyman66" said:
I have seen deals pop up on occasion for tag lots, and at a reasonable price. Again, you just gotta watch.

You are right there....I spent a few hours searching flea bay last night and i think anything less than $2 per plate is good. The odd lot of plates from a private seller rather than the plate traders are reasonable money. There are lots of single and pairs of plates but after P&P a bulk buy makes more sense for me.

Any of guys willing to send me plates I really appreciate it. PM me and i will send you my PA address and I can get your details so I can paypal over the cost of P&P to you.

Gigantopithecus

Well if they don't need to be old, I've got a Mississippi tag I pulled off the car I got rid of 4 years ago.
It's been sitting in my truck ever since I bought it.

Johnny M

"Gigantopithecus" said:
Well if they don't need to be old, I've got a Mississippi tag I pulled off the car I got rid of 4 years ago.
It's been sitting in my truck ever since I bought it.

Yup....I'll take it.

For all you guys its prob easier to post my address in PA.

Johnny Meehan
C/O Lodestar LLC
115 Beachlake Hwy
Honesdale
PA 18431

PM me your P&P costs and paypal details and i will send you some funds.

Cheers,

Johnny

SELLERSRODSHOP

i'll dig around in my stuff & see what i can donate for your wall. i think i've got a dozen or so if i can locate them....

somewhere around here is a box with a few of the older tennessee plates shaped like the state. cant recall where they are right now. havent seen them since the fire, so could be in a box of anything now. i'll look.

Johnny M

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
i'll dig around in my stuff & see what i can donate for your wall. i think i've got a dozen or so if i can locate them....

somewhere around here is a box with a few of the older tennessee plates shaped like the state. cant recall where they are right now. havent seen them since the fire, so could be in a box of anything now. i'll look.

Christmas has come early. :yah :yah :yah :yah :yah

nymustang

I have a pretty big collection. I have a bunch of duplicates. If you need New York or something else I might have some I can send you. Let me know.

Johnny M

"nymustang" said:
I have a pretty big collection. I have a bunch of duplicates. If you need New York or something else I might have some I can send you. Let me know.

Yea, That would be great. I will PM you.

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Why not just designate a Fix member to be the "plate collector" and everyone could snail mail their extra/available plates to him (this wouldn't cost much). Once all have been gathered, one shipment could be made to our overseas pal. By doing this, I have to think we could muster up quite a pile of different plates. I know I could chip in a couple from Illinois, for example.

Johnny M

"Horseplay" said:
Why not just designate a Fix member to be the "plate collector" and everyone could snail mail their extra/available plates to him (this wouldn't cost much). Once all have been gathered, one shipment could be made to our overseas pal. By doing this, I have to think we could muster up quite a pile of different plates. I know I could chip in a couple from Illinois, for example.

Great idea....., I should've explained earlier.
I already have a guy in Pennsylvania that stock piles parts/consumables for our drilling business and he also lets me send all my car parts, etc. to him. Then we ship a 20ft container to Ireland every few months with with all the stuff inside.

As i was saying earlier I will pay for any snail mail, shipping costs to PA.

I am thinking that i might make this "wall of US plates" into a bit of a Stangfix Shrine.....Since you guys have helped me so much in the past and continue to help me I might get a Big Stangfix logo printed up and then put all the licence plates around it. Its my duty being the President of the Stangfix Ireland Branch. :bowdown

RapidRabbit

Donator
Just to clarify, do you want just one from every state or any amount?

I have 7 total.
yme8y3er.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny M

"RapidRabbit" said:
Just to clarify, do you want just one from every state or any amount?

I have 7 total.
yme8y3er.jpg

I am looking for any amount as I plan to cover a big section of wall and i dont mind if there are duplicates.

Last edited by a moderator: