• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

LNORSUX

Front Suspension

"Fast68back" said:
No you didn't.............
:rulz :wop :rulz

Is there no trust left in this sacred world??? Actually, I need to be more careful about my claims. Shocks and Springs equal "Suspension" to laymen like myself. Not on this board! I'm still learning about control arms, perches, swaybars and so on...

I also went for the easy win with a steering wheel change. "Easy" is a relative term; The adapter kit didn't really work as advertised. I won't tell you how long it actually took me to get it right...

That's a sad commentary on a wonderful car, the car that saved the Mustang hobby. Just sad. :shrug

"epic6" said:
LNORSUX...... That plate is available in California. How many people will I piss off at a Mustang gathering??? :part

To notice the license plate, I'm going to assume that these "eleanor" owners would have to actually notice your car. So my educated guess would be "zero".

046-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"daveSanborn" said:
To notice the license plate, I'm going to assume that these "eleanor" owners would have to actually notice your car. So my educated guess would be "zero".

Apparently spending $150,000.00 on a car does not prevent perfect strangers from exposing insecurities!

Thread done for me!

Thread done for me!

LMAO. Great job. You stir the pot by starting an inane thread and the moment slop from your pot splashes in your face you make one last stupid comment and then decide that you're done.

Hopefully you're not only done with this thread, but also done with initiating confrontational subjects. Understand that this community has many different members. From "I want mine bone stock" to "I'll take mine heavily modified". We're all living under the same roof and negative comments pointed at one group of owners will do nothing to maintain the existing harmony.

Chalk this up as a learning experience and let's move on.

"Thread done for me"

"epic6" said:
On one hand, you've got creative and hard working folks who have invested a lot of time and money into making their car look like Eleanor, so a license plate saying "Eleanor Sucks" could damage the camaraderie at these events.
I guess you might have damaged some camaraderie. Dave built the Beautiful Eleanor in the pic for his son. I followed the thread closely and learned a lot from Dave on the build as I was working on my version at the same time. I have seen the car in person as well, they DROVE it and Dave's 66FB to Birmingham for the 45th anniversary of the Mustang. Dave will probably be the first to admit that he built it for son and might not have been his first choice but it is a work of art and an awesome display of his skill and hard work. "Built not Bought" as they say. I don't think if you knew Dave you would say he is insecure either. He does speak his mind and you did pose the question...
saying that, we (Eleanor Mustang types) expect to catch grief from other Mustang owners so we tend to have thick skin. I have a fan club, literally a bunch of teenagers in town who love to hang out with me (My car really) and attend all the car shows I go to, I get people all the time asking me if they can take pictures when I'm at the gas station, I started a car show at the parts store one Friday afternoon when I when to get something and cars just started pulling in to look it over. I could go on and on, it doesn't bother me that "Mustang" guys don't like the Eleanor's because every one else does!
"blue65coupe" said:
My tag reads,

"Cupessuk"
now that hurts! :char :rant

Mustang.....like them all....drive what you prefer.... That is the way I look at things. I always say I can appreciate the work and skill of any car...I don't have to like the car itself.

Actually, I was bowing out of the thread to prevent LNORSUX from continually showing up at the top of stangfix, but it's still going, so I'll jump back in. This is a classic example of someone not reading an entire thread. Rich, you pointed out how Eleanor resulted in better parts availability, something I value after having restored airplanes with poor parts support. So I changed my tune (who likes the IRS???). Then someone reads the topic, skips to the bottom and attacks. That's fine, I've owned a bunch of toys and got over the need to be noticed for my car at a tender age (or ran out of money?? Haha). Believe it or not, I like e-cars and never said I didn't, just wanted to solicit opinions on the result of the e-craze on FB availability and prices. Rich, your response was contructive (and persuasive!). If Dave is everything you say he is, then that response was a bit small for someone that accomplished/blessed.

This thread is an EPIC fail indeed!! Dave, congrats on your car(s). I'm sticking to my tagline: "It's really not that serious"

Just had to say Dave that is one fine car you built looks great!! Tara I like your twist on the E car with your Coup, Great job brother. As far as the Plate goes I'd expect to see it on a yellow and Black 2010 Camaro not a Mustang LOL!!

Remember "Respect everyones car and Love your car!!" :pbj

"SAWFISH50" said:
As far as the Plate goes I'd expect to see it on a yellow and Black 2010 Camaro not a Mustang LOL!!

Or the back of a Highland Green 68 :nut :)
Bill

"67 Fastback" said:
Bill

Get vanity show plates one that says BLETSUX & one that has the LNORSUX find one of each car park them side by side at the show and put the plates on the cars. That would be a Funny way to do the plates that would get a few laughs.

NOTE: For any sensitive people I love Bullets & E cars

To each their own I say!

I am doing my cars the way I want to. SWMBO's 67 is done to her taste. I like some things, but I don't care for the entire car. My car is being done the way I want it. I do try not to do anything to the car that will devalue it. I don't like to make mods that can not be undone.

So once again, to each their own!

Mel

My thing is no matter what the car or style, I can appreciate the time, sweat, money, and effort that was put into it.
Bill

"67 Fastback" said:
Bill

Funny thing is that occasionally unknowing folks come up to me and say something like cool eleanor.. usually younger kids, older ones tend to call it bullit, ones that know nothing about Mustangs think its a shelby.... I tell 'em it's just a coupe.

Although I don't think I'll ever build an eclone, I do have a picture hanging in my office since around '02 of an e car that gave me plenty of inspiration... If it wasn't for the eleanor and those guys with 150K to support that market, full quarters, and roof skins probably never would have made it to the aftermarket. My car wouldn't have made it if not for a lot of the Dynacorn parts...

The worst one I ever heard......couple guys looking at my car at a show and one says to the other........thats the same color as the one in Tokyo drift......

Back