• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Look what brown brought me....

Actually I had to go pick them up since they would not leave them on the doorstep.

2_15_10_08_7_34_23_2.JPG

2_15_10_08_7_34_22_1.JPG

Thanks! They are Budnik GTX wheels with powder coated centers and brushed aluminum lips. Rears are 17x9.5 and fronts are 17x8. They also put the valve stems on the backside so the lips are pretty smooth.

Damn, I feel like a real slacker now since I still have not tried mine on yet :hide

And those look purty snazzy!

"garner67" said:
I think your wheel choice is great!

What size meat are you going to wrap those rims with?

I'm sticking with the snow tires I have on there now........ I'm hoping to run 275/40/17 in the rear and probably a 225-245 up front. I'd like to get Goodyear F-1s since the tread pattern looks so cool and I've heard nothing but good things about them. I also like the BFG KDW2's a few folks here have. I really want an agressive looking tread so it looks bad @$$ sittin still.

"Fast68back" said:
"garner67" said:
I think your wheel choice is great!

What size meat are you going to wrap those rims with?

I'm sticking with the snow tires I have on there now........ I'm hoping to run 275/40/17 in the rear and probably a 225-245 up front. I'd like to get Goodyear F-1s since the tread pattern looks so cool and I've heard nothing but good things about them. I also like the BFG KDW2's a few folks here have. I really want an agressive looking tread so it looks bad @$$ sittin still.

Go with the KDW2's! I think they look great but I am a little biased. ;D :jam
Juliets1stbirthday002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just surfin tire rack and you cant get KDW2's in 275/40/17.... The reviews for both the Goodyears and KDW2s dont seem really great for either, The complaint for the KDW2 seems to be road noise and the Goodyear the weak sidewall.

My roommate had his 95 WS-6 Trans Am shod with Eagle F1 GS-D3's, and we never noticed 'weak' sidewalls. Every try installing one? Those things stuck like no other tire we could find for it. And believe me, we put that car through its paces (until he wrapped it around a pole, ARGH$@%#%).

Anyway, I think you'd be happy with either tire, although its been my experience (working at a tire shop for 2 and a half years) that BFG has better quality control, so you're less likely to get a defective tire off the bat. The BFG's are also slightly harder and should last a little longer, but I don't think that's going to be a deciding factor when you're burning them off all day;)

Sexy or what? Gotta hand it to the UPS guy, he left them by the door, blocked them with my trash can and covered them with the doormat.

2_25_11_08_6_19_01_0.JPG

blocked them with my trash can and covered them with the doormat.

You've got a good UPS driver.

My driver usually throws the box out the door of his truck.... probably aimed at the dog.... whereupon I eventually find most of the contents usually scattered and chewed up in the back yard.

You're going to love those tires!

Back