• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Look what brown brought me....

I couldnt wait any longer. I was hoping I could find a tire shop open today to get the rear tires mounted and installed, but alas its a holiday or somehitn...... But Abby tried on her new shoes today anyway.

2_27_11_08_8_48_29_0.JPG

2_27_11_08_8_49_49_0.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably end up with lowering blocks. They are new 5 leaf mid eye springs. The gap isn't as large as the pics make it out to be, it is about 3-4" though

Rick, those look great. Can you please do me a favor? Take a picture from the back so I can see the clearance in the tub and leafs? If your wheel is 9.5 and you are using a 275, is the sectional width about 10.5? What backspacing? I'm just checking dimensions before I order mine. I want to go the widest possible. Thanks!

"Mustang Mike" said:
Rick, those look great. Can you please do me a favor? Take a picture from the back so I can see the clearance in the tub and leafs? If your wheel is 9.5 and you are using a 275, is the sectional width about 10.5? What backspacing? I'm just checking dimensions before I order mine. I want to go the widest possible. Thanks!

Mike, There are a couple more pics in my gallery, but I'll snap some better ones tonight. You hit everything right on, the wheel is a 9.5 and they are 275's. The sectional is a little over 10.5. The backspacing is 5.75.

I'll update with some more pics tonight.

Hey Rick. If you can't get around to taking the pic, can you tell me how close you are to the leaf spring and the edge of your outer lip? I seen your pics but I can't how close it is to the leaf spring.

Mike, Posted a bunch in my gallery. The back side looks like a lot of room, but the front is where you need to worry, I can JUST gt my finger between the tire and the wheel well. The piece hangs down, I guess you could mod it and go wider. let me know if you need pics of anything else, sorry it took me soo long.

2_03_12_08_7_28_52_2.JPG

2_03_12_08_7_28_10_0.JPG

but the front is where you need to worry

Yep, the front lower edge of the inner wheelwell is where it gets tight on sons car also. He's running 275/40/17's on a 17'9.5 wheel w/5.5" BS. I took my body hammer and "tweaked" this area just a hair to create a little extra breathing room.

Here's a picture of the non-existant extra room on the outside of the tire.... no rubs, but damn it's close!

005-8.jpg

Back