• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Maximum rubber......girl gets some new shoes

k, I guess I will get my turn soon. Pics of the tires I am going to try and tuck in under mine.

Attachments

• IMG_7417.JPG
    773.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_7419.JPG
    708.3 KB · Views: 162
"miketyler" said:
k, I guess I will get my turn soon. Pics of the tires I am going to try and tuck in under mine.

Good luck, I think you will need it with the B.F. Goodrich tires..........

Tirewidths-1.jpg

Yep, I only mounted one to test with and it is definitely tighter than the Sumis. I really like the tread design, hope I can make them work. If not, will be selling and buying more Sumis.

Attachments

• Southwest-20110905-00023.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 127
You are right, I have been in denial. Not only am I having problems getting the clearance I need, I am not having any luck finding matching pair for the front. I need to peel these off and sell them. I do like the unique tread pattern though. What about the Nitto's? I have never run them. Are they noisy? Was thinking on NT555R.

I've never ran Nittos, lots of people like them but I've heard there not very good in the rain. But then I think the Sumis suck in the rain when I got caught in it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thanks for responding on the 555's John. They have the arrowhead shaped tread design which I have found on some tires to be really noisy. Do you notice any road noise with these that you attribute to the tires specifically?

"miketyler" said:
Looks like the NT555's actually run about the same width as the BFG. However, the NT555R is spec'd at almost 1/2" narrower and may give me the clearance I need. One dealer wont sell them to me because he claims they are unsafe for street use. I cant find anything online suggesting this. Anyone comment on the competiton tires versus their street tires?

Street line: http://www.nittotire.com/TireSelector/C ... ion=street

Competiton line: http://www.nittotire.com/TireSelector/C ... ompetition

Someone is looking out for you IMO....others say "sure drag radial on my everyday car no problem" but I agree with it. If you want to daily drive/routinely drive a drag radial you aren't going to like it. Rain performance doesn't exist and you will destroy your rear quarters with all the shit that sticks to them and then gets thrown at high velocity into your paint.

I ran Nittos on my Lincoln LS, It was a sports sedan, and they handled very well. Also a lot of the Guys in our Toyota Land Cruiser club are running there off road tire, and are very happy with it.

I went with the Nittos and they definitley give me the breathing clearance I need on the spring side and on the qtr lip side. Sorry for hijacking your thread Jeremy - it is a good discussion about 315's and the things youhave to go thru to make them fit.

Attachments

• IMG_8125.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
"miketyler" said:
One dealer wont sell them to me because he claims they are unsafe for street use. I cant find anything online suggesting this. Anyone comment on the competiton tires versus their street tires?

I never used either, but wonder if this advisory has them worried... I doubt the temperature in Texas is an issue, but maybe the prolonged storage issue?
http://www.nittotire.com/content/pdf/StorageRecommendationsCompetitionTires.pdf

Otherwise they are DOT approved, so that would make them street legal.. right?
http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/nt555r

EDIT -- Nevermind... I missed that the thread continued onto another page... You're way past that question....

BTW.. They look real nice... give some feedback when you have a chance to drive on them.

"miketyler" said:
I went with the Nittos and they definitley give me the breathing clearance I need on the spring side and on the qtr lip side. Sorry for hijacking your thread Jeremy - it is a good discussion about 315's and the things youhave to go thru to make them fit.

Glad you got it worked out, post some more pics when you get the chance.

Back