• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

May I have a moment to rant about idiot drivers?

ko67

This is a grumpy old fart's lounge, and I feel like a grumpy old fart today. Begin Rant: I drove the mustang to work today.Traffic was not a problem. I am a lawyer, so if I am not in court, I roll in to the office about 10:30 and roll out about 3:30 or once I feel that I have caused enough misery and suffering and damage to the productive economy. Once I had fucked enough honest folk out of enough money for a wednesday, I was on the way home. Some fuckstick in a BMW M3, talking on a cell phone, of course, ran up behind me, rode my bumper and blinked his lights. (despite the fact that the other lane was free.) Well, even though I was going 75, I pulled to the right to allow him to pass, because I think that this is proper driving manners. He barely waited until I cleared the lane and he sped up. His passenger mirror was within inches of my elbow as he zipped by The cars in front of us were less polite and he changed lanes back into my lane and came within a foot or so of clipping my front bumper when he swerved. I had to brake and swerve to avoid this guy. He passed the oldsmobuik in from on me on the right and scared the poor woman in that car to death. I am sure that this douchenozzle bought the M3 because he wanted to compensate for his 3 inch pecker. I hope he spilled his latte on his Ed Hardy or Affliction shirt, being that these seem to be the uniform of organized douchebaggery. I am not against driving fast when conditions allow, after all, I was driving a 43 year old car 20 miles above the speed limit, but if you have to weave in and out of traffic to drive your desired speed, slow the fuck down, especially if you are a dickhat in a BMW. If it had been a mustang, od any vintage muscle car, I would not have been pissed. End Rant.

I saw a tag on the front of a truck one time that read: "Stop road rage, get out of my way" and have been looking for it ever since. If I find one I'll get one for you also. I feel your pain.

speaking of stupid people at the highway department, check out this picture. it is one of my favorite examples of "That is not my job."

THAT is why I moved from Florida to the desolate land of Kansas! At least the slow tractors will pull over [nb]Yeah, yeah, insert PT joke here[/nb] and almost no one drives like that.

I feel your angst.

I am sure that you know what the difference is between a BMW and a porcupine?

The pricks are on the outside of a porcupine. :craz

fd

A lotta shitheads out there. I was driving on Hwy 5 south of Sacramento on Saturday. I was in the second lane from the left and I turned on my blinker to move left. The dick in the left lane behind me saw that I wanted to move over and sped up to close the gap. I merged in anyway. He promptly moved to the right, passed me and cut me off to get in front of me. If I hadn't hit my brake there would have been a collision. Of course, it had nothing to do with wanting to go faster than me, he simply didn't want me to get in front of him. I backed off and waited for my opportunity to blast past him in the right lane. :rp :rp :rp

Frank

Last night.....on Back Beach Road (4 lane divided) with me in the inside lane at about 60, some young female idiot was not watching the truck she was tailgating and as it slowed to turn, she decided that my lane position looked better for her vs hit the truck. Trouble was that my rt. front fender was at her drivers door. I moved left, hit the horn, and called her some very colorful names. She smiled cutely, waved and acted like that made it all better. Once she got a good look at my "wave" back, she seemed to not to want to get close to the Mustang. Idiots.....they are everywhere......

Of course, it had nothing to do with wanting to go faster than me, he simply didn't want me to get in front of him.

I hate it when people do that. I also hate when it if there's a stop light ahead and some jerk just insists on cutting you off to hop in your lane. It's as if it becomes their goal to beat you to a red light. :ep

Some fuckstick in a BMW M3, talking on a cell phone, of course, ran up behind me, rode my bumper and blinked his lights. (despite the fact that the other lane was free.)

You're an enabler.

I'd have stood on the brake pedal and sent that BMW to the junkyard.

Last Spring on a short bike trip back from Myrtle beach I was the lead in small 10 bike caravan. We were in the RH (slow lane) and some asshat in a pickup truck was tailgating the female rider on the trail (last) bike. After 15 minutes of watching this clown in my mirrors I pulled over to the LH lane, hit my brakes to let the other riders pass and then darted behind the last bike and in front of the truck whereupon I hit the brakes again. Fuckin' jerk had to put his truck in the soft shoulder to avoid hitting me, but hopefully learned something.

"daveSanborn" said:
You're an enabler.

Last Spring on a short bike trip back from Myrtle beach I was the lead in small 10 bike caravan. We were in the RH (slow lane) and some asshat in a pickup truck was tailgating the female rider on the trail (last) bike. After 15 minutes of watching this clown in my mirrors I pulled over to the LH lane, hit my brakes to let the other riders pass and then darted behind the last bike and in front of the truck whereupon I hit the brakes again. Fuckin' jerk had to put his truck in the soft shoulder to avoid hitting me, but hopefully learned something.

Is it weird that I like you more and more (in a purely platonic and admiring way) every time you post........

"Kats66Pny" said:
I also hate when it if there's a stop light ahead and some jerk just insists on cutting you off to hop in your lane. It's as if it becomes their goal to beat you to a red light. :ep

I've got to admit, If I'm approaching a red light, and I see that one of the lanes has 0 cars, and the other lane has 1 (usually more, I can never figure out the asymmetric stacking of cars at redlights), I will speed up to get into the front-row position. I generally want to be the lead car for the following reasons:

1)Years of driving has taught me that I don't usually like people in front of me at red lights. People are slow to react to the light changing, or the car in front of them moving, and often you get stuck behind two yardbirds that lock-up side by side going 5 mph under the limit.

2)(Long shot) if I'm ever carjacked, it gives me the advantage of being able to drive away from the carjacker. Even if I'm running a redlight, I have a better chance of escaping if there's not a car directly in front of me. Even if the carjacker has a gun, trying to take at shot at someone driving away from you, across the pillars of their roofline is an extremely difficult shot, and I'd be ducking like a mofo, anyway.

3)Throwback from my HS days when I always wanted to be the guy at the starting-line, in case the guy next to me was worth dusting.

But I don't do this unless I feel the car behind me has ample room and time to react to it. I do hate people that swing over last minute and without warning.

I gotta agree with Steve on the light subject.......except some in Fl. Around here, it is like I have never seen before and with 10 years each in Phoenix and Tucson Az. plus another 17 years around those towns, it shocks me.

A yellow light here means you can get at least three more cars through the light. The first 3 sec. of a red light means one more, maybe two more cars can run it.....and that is with the law sitting first in line of the opposite way. Total stupidity. If you want to race off a stop light, you better make sure the cross street is empty. Everyone seems to be in the mode of pause for a second after the light turns green.

And heaven forbid if you choose to stop at a yellow. I have caused major upset by doing what the light means....prepare to stop. And this is not with a hard stop either, just a gentle stop because the light changed. People get real pissed at me for that....lol I have pushed the yellow when no cross traffic is there and watched behind me as two more make the yellow and at least one enters the cross walk well after the red has hit.

A few days ago, I was first in line with the '66. For some reason, I hesitated a second before going on the green. The car next to me had to brake hard in the middle of the street to keep from hitting a red light runner from the other way. Had I gone, I know I would have been hit as I could not see the cross traffic due to a delivery truck wanting to do a left.

Its not so much if there is a line of cars at the light. It usually happens to me when there are no cars and the jerk wants to cut me off and get in my lane at the last minute. I also noticed it depends which car I'm driving. I noticed when I drive the Lexus or other 4 door cars we've had in the past, rarely ever happens. But when I had my Ford Probe or Mits. Eclipse and now Sebring Conv (all sporty looking cars), it happens all the time, and usually the douche cutting me off is in some POS rice burner that sounds like a swarm of angry bees zooming past me. Do they feel the need to try and show off or something? I don't know, but I can be 4 cars behind them and still beat their asses to the next light and cut them off just to piss them off. :vic

I'm not a slow driver by any means and usually do over the speed limits. I started driving when I was 18 and moved to San Diego, and so you could say I learned to drive in southern CA. To me doing 90mph down the interstate is the norm. Driving 5-10 over the speed limit is what I do. Suprisingly I've never had a speeding ticket, or any traffic violation, or car accidents. *knocks on wood*. :lol

My light rule...
Green go fast. Yellow go faster. Red slow down.

*I forgot to add that while I may drive fast, I never do it with my children in the car. If my kids are in the car, then I turn into one of those obey the speed lmit drivers. I only drive like a bitch when it's just me.

"Fast68back" said:
Is it weird that I like you more and more (in a purely platonic and admiring way) every time you post........

If I had said that, someone would have accused me of wanting to ass fuck him, (in a purely platonic and admiring way)

"Fast68back" said:
I'm willing to bet the douche in the M3 was a lawyer...... just sayin...

I am betting he was a computer guy. If he was a lawyer, he would have had a 5 or 7 series.

"daveSanborn" said:
You're an enabler.

+1

I have been known to brake check folks pretty dam hard when my kiddos aren't in the car. I figure worst case is they total the Explorer .... I get to buy a new Mustang on their insurance's dime, especially after I sue them.

I had some asshole teenage girl dam near kill me and a guy in a plumbing company truck a while back. I was doing 50 in a 45 mph zone and the plumbing guy was running about the same speed on my left and slightly behind. That dumb bitch came flying up fast enough that she literally appeared rather suddenly in my rear view. She cut off the plumbing truck (probably doing around 90 mph) and missed my back bumper by literally less than an inch and didn't miss side swiping the front of the plumbing truck by a matter of inches as well. In my case I got seriously pissed off and tailed her for about a couple of miles flashing my lights, flicking her off and screaming at her. I mainly wanted her to realize I won't pull your ass out of the car by the hair on your head at the next red light but one day she'll cut off the wrong person and they will. She came up on me so fast I literally had a split second to react. I am not sure that if I had seen her sooner I'd have probably side swiped her when she went past and pushed her punk ass into the diving wall.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
2)(Long shot) if I'm ever carjacked, it gives me the advantage of being able to drive away from the carjacker. Even if I'm running a redlight, I have a better chance of escaping if there's not a car directly in front of me. Even if the carjacker has a gun, trying to take at shot at someone driving away from you, across the pillars of their roofline is an extremely difficult shot, and I'd be ducking like a mofo, anyway.

I take the opposite approach myself.

Who are you going to car jack...me when I am blocked in a few cars back or the guy in the front row where you can jump in (after removing the lawful driver from the car) and take off like a bat out of hell?

I am much more aware of what's going on in my mirrors and all around me in general when I am the first in line because if I were going to try and jack a car, that would be the one I'd choose.

Back