• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MBB hotel thread.

blue65coupe

Just wanted to put this up to see where people were thinking of staying. Figured it would be cool to get everyone in the same location and maybe get a multi-room discount.

Last year I (along with Sanborn) stayed at the Best Western Carolinian. 1-800-824-7438 or 843-448-6861
Nice place, nothing special, on the beach, 1 mile from Broadway, parking across the street in a deck.

Input please.

As I'm probably going to bring the whole fam-damily, I've been looking for some place with stuff that the kids would enjoy, so I don't expect to be at the "officially unofficial hotel of the MBB," but I'll pass on that I was looking at this place:

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/htid=982925/crti=4/hotel-pictures

Looks like a nice resort, 2 indoor water parks, on the beach, and rates starting from 89 a night (though we'll probably end up with a 2BR suite)

Steve

Jen and I will be bringing Wyatt (our 3 yo) again and probably at least one set of parents and maybe a brother and/or sister with sig. other. Who knows... We've got to have someone keep Wyatt while we're out pretending we can still hang. We'll probably stay at Ocean Lakes campground again in my Buddy's place. If you guys want, I can check to see if his in-laws have the large houses open for rent if several folks want to go in together. Here is the website. http://www.oceanlakes.com/ The only draw backs is you bring your own linens and a cleaning fee, but its a house. Just let me know if there is interest and I'll check into it for prices.

Brian

Mytoys and I stayed at the Holiday Inn @ Surfside Beach which was fine. Seems both places are priced about the same and both are on the beach. Doesn't matter to me.

I think last year we looked into this. Don't feel like haulin dirty linens cross country since I only wash them twice a year. Odds are I'll stay at the Best Western or Holiday Inn.

I usually just hit up priceline and get a 4 or 5 star joint for the price of an econo hotel.... Weird that I have booked so many hotels within miles of my house.....

Remember, if any of y'all need me to look into anything, just give me a yell. I'll be glad to look into things from here if needed.

I'll jump in here for a minute.

Duane and Dave have stayed at the Carolinian before, I don't know what the rooms are like. They'd be better suited to tell you. The Holiday Inn at Surfside I know is a clean, well kept property. If price is reasonably close and the rooms are too, then the biggest difference between the two is that the Carolinian is "in the belly of the beast" so to speak. Right smack dab in the heart of Myrtle Beach on the Oceanfront. The Holiday Inn in Surfside is in a much quiter location. If y'all want to be in the midst of it all, then use the Carolinian. If not, the Holiday Inn is for you.

This has been your friendly Myrtle Beach reporter......... :mid

Carolinian is pretty much right there. Off the main highway by a couple blocks. Very clean rooms, pool, covered lazy river, yada yada. I'll more than likely make reservations there again. Upside, a hard night ending at Broadway lends itself to a: a cheap cab ride home or b: an easy walk home. Nice options to have. It's not very far if a couple of us end up having to carry Dave. So, that's my call. You can either follow or run.

Back