• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MBB hotel thread.

Sorry for taking so long to get back on these houses guys and gals. Seems like whenever I think I have a free minute, it gets filled. I haven't spoken with the owner of these houses yet, but here is the information I had from last year.

House 1

2 Bed, 2 Bath. Sleeps 6. Price Includes Golf Cart use. No cleaning charge if you clean before you leave, extra for cleaning service. $200 Deposit (Refunded if nothing crazy happens) and $150 total for the two nights (Fri and Sat). Basically you're getting the house for $75/night. After Duane's taxes and fees, you'll probably come out cheaper.

House 2

6 Bed, 3 Bath. Sleeps a bunch. Full kitchen and living room. Same deal as before. $300 deposit and $250 total for the two nights.

You do have bring your on linens (ie sheets, towel, etc). Its quiet and clean. I trust my family there. I stayed in the large house just a couple months ago for a wedding and it was NICE. While I didn't ask for a personal favor on the rates, these ain't bad at all. The smaller house would be good for a family coming in and the larger house would be good for a couple of guys to go in on together. BP can correct me if I'm wrong, but its only about 5-7 miles from his house, and only 1 mile from the Holiday Inn.

Looks like The Carolinian is going to be the choice for most, but if you're interested, feel free to give the owner a call. 336-264-2300

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

That's cheap for the 6 bedroom. Rick, you gonna pony up for the "security deposit"? Best I can remember the Carolinian was right at $100/night after fees. Ryan can tell us exactly but that's where we'll be. I'll call Sanborn.

I'll call Sanborn.

Sanborn has been too busy to check this thread, but not too busy to make reservations.

We're staying here....

http://www.compasscove.com/?cmpid=0220gl

By using Hotels.com, I got the 2 bedroom oceanfront mini-suite for $64 a night. Total after taxes was $154.40 for the whole weekend (Friday/Saturday nights). Much nicer than the Carolinian or Surfside (I've stayed at both), sorry for the delay.

Carolinian was $110.25/night including all BS fees ($89 before). I can always cancel if you guys decide to go another route. Keep me advised. BTW, I'll be driving in Sat morning, so I'll just be there 1 night.

I'm confused. Mapquest has the Carolinian in Georgetown, about 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach itself. The Holiday Inn at Surfside is just south of the airport. Where are the happenings, specifically? I found a Comfort Inn in Surfside Beach for $70 at a gov't rate, walking distance to the beach and Seaside Dr., which looks to be the main drag.

Can someone generally point out where the main focus is, and I'll try and locate hotels nearby. Being a smoker, my choices of hotels is getting quite limited lately.

I think it is just outside of Los Angeles.........a bit south. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

"monkeystash" said:
Carolinian was $110.25/night including all BS fees ($89 before). I can always cancel if you guys decide to go another route. Keep me advised. BTW, I'll be driving in Sat morning, so I'll just be there 1 night.

I hope you don't miss the golf tournament!

"Midlife" said:
I'm confused. Mapquest has the Carolinian in Georgetown, about 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach itself.

Mid, the Carolinian is about 2-3 miles North of the airport, just Southeast of Broadway at the Beach.

"Midlife" said:
I'm confused. Mapquest has the Carolinian in Georgetown, about 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach itself. The Holiday Inn at Surfside is just south of the airport. Where are the happenings, specifically? I found a Comfort Inn in Surfside Beach for $70 at a gov't rate, walking distance to the beach and Seaside Dr., which looks to be the main drag.

Can someone generally point out where the main focus is, and I'll try and locate hotels nearby. Being a smoker, my choices of hotels is getting quite limited lately.

Randy, the Carolinian in Myrtle Beach is actually a Best Western. Look up Best Western, should be around the 2100 block of Ocean Boulevard. The Holiday Inn in Surfside is about 7 miles from my house. The Comfort Inn is a good mile from the beach and is located on Hwy 17. It is right down the street basically from the Holiday Inn Oceanfront. If you need anything from me Randy, call me at 843-458-5467. The golf tournament is probably less than 2 miles from either the Comfort Inn or the Holiday Inn. Friday night's get together for dinner somewhere has yet to be determined, but, it won't be far for anyone to travel. I'd say anywhere you go will be within a ten mile radius.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/carolinian.en.html?aid=311088;label=hotel-58404-us-TsqPI5uEJHD3vaY2M0dlIAS2019024273;ws=&gclid=CJ6q0Jec95sCFSBN5QodICOo-A

Since Ryan said he could cancel, I went with Compass Cove also. Oceanfront, 2 queen beds, fridge, etc for $70/ night total. 3-5 miles from Broadway which is full of late night bars. Talked to a guy named Justin and if you mention Dave and/or I, they will try and get us close. Hope you can cancel Ryan. I took you at your word that you could before I made reservations.

Sorry to say that I am not attending this year's MBB. With the monies I would be spending for just a 1+ day event, I think the $1k could and should be spent on Shag instead. He's getting pissed that I'm taking so much time to get him up and running.....

"cmayna" said:
Sorry to say that I am not attending this year's MBB. With the monies I would be spending for just a 1+ day event, I think the $1k could and should be spent on Shag instead.

Craig, I can give you a buddy pass, which might save a few bucks on the ticket. PM me for details.

Ryan,
Though I appreciate your willingness, I dont want to steal precious traveling points from anyone just to attend such an event. Yes I realize so many MB h00tie girls will be sadden to hear that I will not be there, but maybe I can send them some pics instead.......

I talked w/Beach Pony a few minutes ago, and I'm now booked at a Hilton Garden Inn, just a couple of miles from his house. For 50,000 points, I get to stay free for two nights! Woohoo! That frees up more $$ for adult beverages, allowing me ample opportunity to drink y'all under the table. Only YJ is allowed to be drunk for this challenge, however...

See y'all Friday, Oct. 2!

Back