• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mental Competency Exam, or Divorce?

Bob:
Just don't let the wife get ahold of your business tools...you really don't need your voice to rise higher in pitch, do you?

Still on the fence with the battery. It's a principle thing...
Shouldn't have to haul around a dead battery for a Concours DRIVEN class...

As a rebellion/pacification, I did reward myself with a new Ridley Fenix (Belgian) bike this morning. Gotta love Cyber Monday.
Holy smokes, more $ than my 1st car. BTW, bike guys are JUST like car guys. Carbon fiber bits, special gears, rims, tires, etc...

"... bike guys are JUST like car guys. Carbon fiber bits, special gears, rims, tires, etc..."

Bob, not so sure about that......those stylish lycra riding outfits put them over the edge, not to mention they are suicidal when it comes to riding on the narrow mountain roads around here with the "as a matter of fact, I do own the whole damn road" defiant attitude. Absolutely no understanding of or respect for the laws of physics (two ton car vs. unobtanium framed lightweight bicycle on a blind curve does not turn out well)

Just sayin'..........................

"... bike guys are JUST like car guys. Carbon fiber bits, special gears, rims, tires, etc..."

those stylish lycra riding outfits put them over the edge

I don't know about lycra, but ya gotta wear riding pants just for the padding. Those saddles are nothing more than midieval torture devices

...not to mention they are suicidal when it comes to riding on the narrow mountain roads around here with the "as a matter of fact, I do own the whole damn road" defiant attitude. Absolutely no understanding of or respect for the laws of physics (two ton car vs. unobtanium framed lightweight bicycle on a blind curve does not turn out well)

Just sayin'..........................
Funny. My truck-driver brother says the EXACT same thing about car drivers!
Don't know about your specific area, but around here, bikes have the same rights and responsibility as cars & motorcycles - the right to a full traffic lane, and the responsibility to not impede traffic flow where possible.

My time on a bike has been a real eye-opener to just how badly some drivers behave. There's a 3-foot law, for instance... I can't tell you how many times I could have reached over and re-adjusted a car's mirror. I've been cursed at, spat at, plus been yelled at multiple times to "get on the sidewalk". (Riding a bicycle on the sidewalk IS dangerous, even illegal in many cities)

As far as attire - I've discovered "mountain bike shorts". Baggy outer, padded lycra inner liner - nobody wants to see my ass in spandex! :eek:
Of course, I've neeevvvveerr seen anyone dressed funny at a car show. :rolleyes:

Bob, you should take a trip out to Bend, OR with your bike. There are thousands and thousands of those bike loons out there. They're like Kansas flies!

Back