• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Midlife and Midlife

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Today, I sold the 1966 GT fastback, aka Midlife for a very good price. Why, you ask?

(1) My back is no longer able to allow me to bend over for any period of time, and working on the engine compartment, for example, induced unbelievable amount of pain. I have developed a serious and chronic back issue (spinal stenosis) that prevents me from twisting, bending, and doing routine hard work other than in a standing position.
(2) My harness business is taking up all of my weekend time, and I am not able to go to weekend cruise-ins and shows, unless I specifically dedicate time to a particular show. My customers come first. I was still able to take the car out twice a weekend (weather permitting) on a nice 14 mile route to keep the seals from drying out.
(3) It was apparent over the past few months that the car was becoming less of my life, and it was time to move on and let someone else appreciate its splendor.
(4) I was offered an extremely attractive price very close to what I asked for on Craigslist. Within 24 hours, I had 2 solid offers and within 4 days, I had 5 solid offers very close to my asking price.

So...I will not be leaving StangFix or any other forums; you are my friends and I have no desire to leave your great company.

Proof that this is not an April Fools joke?

leaving.jpg

The curse will now randomly bounce from one to another....you will never know when it will hit since "the curse" has no place to home now........

Sorry to hear, but glad you able to get close to what you wanted and are able to share it with others. Glad you are hanging around as well!

Sorry to hear, but glad you able to get close to what you wanted and are able to share it with others. Glad you are hanging around as well!

Here's an idea.......share it (your proceeds) by turning it into a decent deposit against this doctor approved green Cali 68 fastback that I know of. The front seats themselves will heal any old man ailments.

Sorry to hear the health issues prodded you into the sale but am glad you recognized it would be better for someone else to care for the car now.

I think the back issue comes from the little car...you should have sold that one. Oh wait, that is the easy one to fix!!! I could see how bending over that one would kill your back. You should have put it up on a table!

shrinerferrarismall.jpg

I'm glad to hear your hanging around...I didn't think it would be easy to find another person to be the "whipping boy". Just kidding, I am sorry to hear that you no longer own a mustang. Maybe you'll get the bug again, Or maybe it's time to step up to cars you don't always have to fix.? You know, buy a new one, drive it awhile and then trade it for the newer model...

So, are you going to change your user name now that the crisis is over?

Never had a crisis...just acknowledging my age in a humorous way.

Back