• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Midlife and Midlife

Mid... sorry to hear your back is so bad, but i"m glad you're happy with what you got for the 66. That's one hell of a car someone bought! (right up there with Scary IMO...)

Remind me to never get old.
Shit! That's what I forgot!
Mid:
I'm going to be 70 in May and it hurts to get up in the morning, let alone bending over an engine compartment. I now have stuff I would have easily done myself done by others. Luckily my hands aren't so arthritic that I can't still write checks. "I feel your pain" as a famous Mustang owner once said. Getting old sucks but it still beats the heck out of the alternative. Glad you're sticking around.

I feel the pain today. Working to get to power booster out and when I got out from under the dash and stood up, I almost passed out. I hate the getting old.

Glad you will still be around. Will have to get over to Florida someday in the stang. Can you make over to Birmingham, Al when the Power Tour gets there?

I can say I'm sorry to hear of this but totally understand. Drop by any time and drive the '67.

Birmingham is a good 6 hours away for me: a bit too far, but thanks for the invite.
Yup, I'm getting old. I have spinal stenosis, a condition where the spinal column is shrinking upon the nerves that go up and down it. Along with many bone spurs, I'm now partially numb in three of four limbs. My doctor wants surgery, and a second opinion says to wait until the pain is much worse and constant and/or the condition deteriorates quicker. I'm leery of spine surgery, so the next best thing is to stop activities that aggravate the condition along with my arthritis. So...avoiding stairs, jarring the spine, twisting/turning, bending over and trying to pick up weights, etc. So far, the past 18 months doing this has been relatively pain free but without moderate exercise, I'm beginning to lose muscle strength. AZPete has helped me do some recent repairs to Midlife, but I've had to rely upon him to break bolts that I normally could have done in the past but now cannot. So...selling Midlife is just one aspect of my prolonging surgery by not aggravating the condition. Yes, I will miss the occasional wrenching and will really miss doing sheet-metal work, which I really love to do (the pounding of dolly/hammer does a number on the spine...).

But you know what really helps the pain? Plenty of adult beverages! Pete has been most willing to help me take my medicine on a regular basis.

How about exercise in a pool? I've seen weights used in pools as well. This may help the pain and help keep your muscle mass up

I know how you feel. I just don't have the desire to get out there in the shop and work on them. I am going to go the same route after paying to finish blue and some repairs on Captain America. Then they will be sold in favor of a newer Mustang. The wife wants a Shelby.

I am happy you will stick around, you know it is more about the people anyway and you are definitely one of the great ones!

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Mid, I'm sorry to hear your health got to where you had to sell Mid. But I;m glad you got a good price and are dealing with it with medicine and ice cream.
And of course glad to hear your sticking around. As always I'm a bit late to the party, in more ways than 1

Did somebody say it is time for medicine.......?
28768707-beautiful-woman-in-sexy-nurse-outfit.jpg

Sorry to hear about the back. Spinal stenosis is what shut down Larry Bird at around 34 years old, IIRC.
It blows that you can't just "strengthen the core" as some well-meaning folks might suggest.

But I must say it's also good to see that you owned the car, not the other way around. Hopefully the new owner enjoys it as much as you did. We are really just stewards of these cars... most of them at this point may very well have outlived their original owners.

Randy, Everything for a season my friend... Midlife was lucky to have you. Go for the surgery buddy, I did ten years ago and have been pain free, at least from that... :)

Randy, I know I tease and pick a lot but you and I both know it's all in fun. I'm sorry to hear of your med. issues. I'm really hoping you can get some relief my friend. Wishing you all the best!

p.s. I'm shooting a PM to you with some info.

Did Randy say he was a PAIN.......hey we already knew that.:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I hear Gov. Moonbeam has approved a high-speed rail line right through Gilroy: may it run next to your house and keep you up at night.

Mid,

I have been having a lot of fun with the '99-'04 Cobras. Comfy seats and nothing under the hood looks like anything I can recognize, so it doesn't humiliate me to write checks to have someone do the work for me...but the cars are so freaking new that they don't really seem to need much. Might be a nice replacement toy?

Kim (in Oregon)

Randy, I understand about movin to a different capter in your life - our bodies don't last forever.

Glad tosee you've sent your car off to a good home.

Whisperer, Long time no see. Glad to hear you're still around!

Back