• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Missing a section of my rear folding seats in my 1966 fastback - Where can i buy

I was putting in my rear interior and missing a piece of the rear..seems to have been misplaced over the years. Any idea where I can buy one without buying a whole set?

Attached is a picture of the piece that I am missing circled in red...

Attachments

• seats.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 134
This is the rear deck lid for a 66? I can probably find one locally if you'd like.

"Dennis Harrelson" said:
I have one of those. The trim is rusty. Shipping's probably pricey. If it proves hard to get, let me know.

I think I have the trim, so not to worried about it.. I need one and will have to ship as I don't think I will find one in Texas..

Todd,

Went out to the barn and amazingly enough, I still have the fold down parts. I didn't actually pull them out and look at them, but all 3 flat panels are still there with the chrome and black carpet. No idea what they are worth.

"silverblueBP" said:
Todd,

Went out to the barn and amazingly enough, I still have the fold down parts. I didn't actually pull them out and look at them, but all 3 flat panels are still there with the chrome and black carpet. No idea what they are worth.

I just need the on panel as I had the other pieces.. Not sure where the missing one is, but I don't remember having it and noticed it missing when I finally installed the back seats today. I either did not have it or it got lost years ago.. Give it some thought as I need it to finish off my interior. I have to assume shipping will be expensive due to the size and weight. If you will sell me the one piece, I am interested..

Tossing this out...

What about if I traced the outline of the panel and send you a paper template.Make one out of plywood and then apply the carpet and trim. It's been so long since I've seen the parts, I don't know what they were made of.

"silverblueBP" said:
Tossing this out...

What about if I traced the outline of the panel and send you a paper template.Make one out of plywood and then apply the carpet and trim. It's been so long since I've seen the parts, I don't know what they were made of.
There is an exposed side where you would have visible plywood instead of a contoured steel piece, if I remember right (I have a complete rear fold-down set-up stashed away that I won't be using that I haven't looked at myself in a long time). If all you wanted was function you certainly could go the homemade route.

"silverblueBP" said:
Tossing this out...

That is exactly what I did... both a buddy and I were in the market for one at the same time. A local mustang parts guy had just one that my friend bought, then I used it to make a copy out of 3/4" cabinet grade plywood. I don't know about 66, but for 67/8 all four edges are covered by trim.

"stangg" said:
That is exactly what I did... both a buddy and I were in the market for one at the same time. A local mustang parts guy had just one that my friend bought, then I used it to make a copy out of 3/4" cabinet grade plywood. I don't know about 66, but for 67/8 all four edges are covered by trim.

If I can't buy one, I may go this route...

"silverblueBP" said:
Tossing this out...

If I don't find one, I will take you up on that...

"cmayna" said:
Kalifornica of course.

What part of California. We have an office in Stockton and San Francisco. I go out there everynow and then and might be able to bring the one piece back with me if they would let me check it.

"silverblueBP" said:
Todd,

Where were you located? Trying to narrow down my options...

"toddwallace" said:
Where were you located? Trying to narrow down my options...

To find Mark, just look for the rain cloud in Kansas.......he will be racing there, or trying to.

"AzPete" said:
To find Mark, just look for the rain cloud in Kansas.......he will be racing there, or trying to.

That's just MEAN man.

Well, I could have mentioned the local Kansas tornadoes and your ears......but I refrained from that.

Back