• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Missing a section of my rear folding seats in my 1966 fastback - Where can i buy

"Dennis Harrelson" said:
Apparently these aren't available in the afternarket?

I have noticed on eBay, California Mustang, Virginia Classic.. that there is a reproduction for the whole set at $900.. Does anyone know who makes the repo.. Wanted to see if they would sell me the one piece versus the whole set..

Ok.. Found out that I am missing the drivers side curved metal trim pieces that go across the middle of the back interior pieces. those puppies are expensive on eBay. Any body have those as well???

Attached is a picture for reference...

Attachments

• trim pieces.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 52
"silverblueBP" said:
Todd,

Went out to the barn and amazingly enough, I still have the fold down parts. I didn't actually pull them out and look at them, but all 3 flat panels are still there with the chrome and black carpet. No idea what they are worth.

throw something out there..I'm interested.. I also need the rear interior trim pieces on the drivers side..

"silverblueBP" said:
One milllllllion dollars.

Do you need to be reminded of a certain curse which was just lifted from you yesterday? Hmmmmm?

Hey, Todd did say to "throw something out there"!

What's the going rate on fastback fold down panels that are original but sat in a barn for 14 years?

A few years ago I was regularly buying the above mentioned missing piece for $100-150, and getting the 3 piece set used for $250-300.

Its a shame to split a complete set.

"sigtauenus" said:
A few years ago I was regularly buying the above mentioned missing piece for $100-150, and getting the 3 piece set used for $250-300.

Its a shame to split a complete set.

I hate splitting a complete set, but I really don't know what else to do.. Mine seems to have gotten lost over the years or was never there. The ones forsale at the mustang houses are $800 - $900 which I assume is some form of new or reproduction. I can't afford that at all..

Yeah, don't do that (the $900 new one). I'm sure the price on the new reproductions is driven by the tooling costs, but they are priced too high.

If you put a watch on ebay for "mustang fold down" and "mustang folddown" you should be able to find the single piece you need within the next couple months.

"sigtauenus" said:
Yeah, don't do that (the $900 new one). I'm sure the price on the new reproductions is driven by the tooling costs, but they are priced too high.

If you put a watch on ebay for "mustang fold down" and "mustang folddown" you should be able to find the single piece you need within the next couple months.

That is what I have been doing...

Is your car a 65 or later? Reason I ask is the rear panel is different. If you look at the 65 and 66 pages on my website, www.folddownseat.com, you can see the differences. You need the rear panel that matchs the L shaped panel you already have so that the seat bumpers will line up correctly, or you can modify them like I also show how to do.

"sigtauenus" said:
Is your car a 65 or later? Reason I ask is the rear panel is different. If you look at the 65 and 66 pages on my website, www.folddownseat.com, you can see the differences. You need the rear panel that matchs the L shaped panel you already have so that the seat bumpers will line up correctly, or you can modify them like I also show how to do.

Mine is a 1966

"toddwallace" said:
I was putting in my rear interior and missing a piece of the rear..seems to have been misplaced over the years. Any idea where I can buy one without buying a whole set?

Attached is a picture of the piece that I am missing circled in red...

Is this the right piece?? I can't tell by looking at the picture...

The first pictures are of a piece I found.. The last one is the piece I need circled in red...

Attachments

• seat1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 68
  • seat2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 68
  • seat3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 67
  • seat4.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 63
  • seats.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 65
The first pictures are of a middle piece for 67-70.

The piece you have circled in red is the rear piece for a 65.

Back