• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Missing a section of my rear folding seats in my 1966 fastback - Where can i buy

"toddwallace" said:
I was putting in my rear interior and missing a piece of the rear..seems to have been misplaced over the years. Any idea where I can buy one without buying a whole set?

Attached is a picture of the piece that I am missing circled in red...

these are proving hard to find..any clues where to look???

"toddwallace" said:
these are proving hard to find..any clues where to look???
I see a few options for you. Wait for the right piece to show up on E-bay or such. Buy a complete set off E-Bay and then sell off the two pieces you have to make some of the cost back. Or buy a new re-pro set (not the way to go, IMHO).

Other than that all you can do is post up on as many sites as you can find and cross your fingers someone has something and finds your requests. Honestly, a little patience and you'll find most everything eventually shows up on E-Bay. Real problem you have, as I see it, is nobody will want to break up a complete set-up so you are looking for that guy who also has an incomplete set...but has the piece you are missing.

"Horseplay" said:
I see a few options for you. Wait for the right piece to show up on E-bay or such. Buy a complete set off E-Bay and then sell off the two pieces you have to make some of the cost back. Or buy a new re-pro set (not the way to go, IMHO).

Other than that all you can do is post up on as many sites as you can find and cross your fingers someone has something and finds your requests. Honestly, a little patience and you'll find most everything eventually shows up on E-Bay. Real problem you have, as I see it, is nobody will want to break up a complete set-up so you are looking for that guy who also has an incomplete set...but has the piece you are missing.

I'm willing to buy the set of the trim, but not all the seats with Trim. If someone has all 4 pieces, then I would take a serious look at it.

I'm watching eBay..there are few out therer for a few hundred dollars and really didn't want to do that, but may be forced to if something doesn't come up soon.

Do you know of anyone making these in repop?

To all those that responded, thanks for putting up with me..

I finally got one.. just painted it, carpeted and installed new chrome.. Looks like it is supposed to!!!

Thanks!!!

Where did you end up getting it? I know of at least one more person looking for that piece too.

Sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk.

"sigtauenus" said:
Where did you end up getting it? I know of at least one more person looking for that piece too.

Sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk.

Someone on VMF sent me a PM with one.. I actually got a lot of good responses here and on the VMF... I would suggest doing what I did and put a post out..

"toddwallace" said:
Someone on VMF sent me a PM with one.. I actually got a lot of good responses here and on the VMF... I would suggest doing what I did and put a post out..
Actually, to give credit where it's due, it was the good ol' Stangfix that hooked you up. :bowdown :pbj

"Dennis Harrelson" said:
Actually, to give credit where it's due, it was the good ol' Stangfix that hooked you up. :bowdown :pbj

Yep, I stand corrected... Lost track (must be getting old)... It came out great by the way.. Thanks!!!

Back