• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang 2009 California Meet-In-The-Middle

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
MustangCalifornia 2009 Meet-In-The-Middle (MITM ‘09)

This is a call for a get-together. No you don’t have to live in California to attend. We call it Meet-In-The-Middle because we try to pick a location which is situated basically in the middle of the state to make it a fun drive from any part of the state.

This is our 6th year and if prior MITMs are any indication we should have a good time once more.

2003 - Morro Bay
2004 – Pismo Beach
2005 – Tulare
2006 – Pismo Beach
2007 – Lake Tahoe (okay not so middle)
2008 – cancelled (MCA Nationals Park City, UT)

And

2009 – Pismo Beach

Yes Pismo once again. Hey it’s a great location. :pep

Date: 11Sep09 – 13Sep09
Motel: current suggestions are Kon Tiki Inn or The Spy Glass Inn
Friday dinner: Spy Glass Inn or Steamers or Downtown
Saturday dinner: AJ Spurs

Pluses and minuses for the motels:

Pluses:
Kon Tiki Inn – Large single parking lot (for rally point), - walking distance to downtown, bakery, small diner, Steamers restaurant next to motel (never been there, bar?) – all rooms have veranda and look out on the ocean – swimming pool – easy walk down to beach.

Spy Glass Inn – Restaurant with outside seating on site, - nice rooms (per JohnPro), cheaper I think than KonTiki,

Minuses:
Kon Tiki Inn – room cost, - if group divided between motels the distance (2 miles?)

Spy Glass Inn – not all rooms face ocean, - if group divided between motels the distance (2 miles?)

I have the cruise route mapped out with the final destination being Solvang

So make your plans. I won’t be taking names (later but just to keep a list). You will need to make your own reservations (I vote for Kon Tiki) at whichever motel you choose.

Hope to see MORE from the SoCal folks since David67 (LA) and Outlaw Boss (SD) are your only usual attendees. Heck we’re even hoping Teebone (Uncle Vinnie and Toni) might drop by from Connecticut.

See you there…… :toot
KBMWRS

Oh a few of us already have reservatiosn at KonTiki. :mid

Well, I may be there, I may not. I live in Grover Beach, which is 5min south of Pismo, and work at Napa in San Luis Obispo, which is 10min north. AJ Spurs is about 2min away from my apartment. If I'm in town, I'll be there, although I'll probably be working 9-5:30 during the weekend. But I may be off with my buddies at the Pinks All Out races in Bakersfield, or with my mom in Stockton for her birthday on Saturday. We'll see.

I don't know what you have planned as a "cruise," but if anyone wants to take a "spirited drive" through some back country roads, let me know. Between me and a couple friends in the local car club, I can put together a good route that will be lots of fun.

Well I have a route mapped out from the motel to Solvang with a pic spot on an overlook.

Send me your route and we'll check it out.

Hope you can make it but you sure have other pretty good plans lined up already.

When are you planning on doing the cruise, and are you coming back up here afterwards?

As a side note, Pea Soup Anderson's is in Buellton (right next to Solvang), which makes for a good food stop if it's the right time of day.

"KBMWRS" said:
Oh and I hope AH never shows up. He's such a child. :bird

I heard AH had a sex change. Now he's er she's calling itself Allison Hotpants

I'm booked at the Kon Tiki. Another advantage of the Kon Tiki is that there is beach access from it, albeit down a flight of a couple hundred stairs. The view from the rooms, though, is comparable at both places.

Oh, and AH will never attend an event in California.

"johnpro" said:
I'm booked at the Kon Tiki. Another advantage of the Kon Tiki is that there is beach access from it, albeit down a flight of a couple hundred stairs.

And the KT has the vantage points to take lots of surveillance photos of your Mustanging buddies on the beach. :naug

I just hired our Mustang guard for this special event.

palinbikini.jpg

By back roads, I mean narrow, windy roads that nobody sane would want to drive fast through:) If there's interest, I'll talk to a couple friends and see if I can get someone to lead. Some of the local guys know the back roads a lot better than I do, and they fly around them with their lighter (tasteful, not ricey) imports. I've been on a couple runs with them and I can't keep up.

But I want to know what the planned route to Solvang is before I set anything up, because there are some fun roads out that way too.

"SacBill" said:
And the KT has the vantage points to take lots of surveillance photos of your Mustanging buddies on the beach. :naug

You mean like this?
sacbill03.jpg

And I didn't even post the x-rated pics! I'm saving those for future black-mail purposes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to go this year. There this planning of a wedding that is now going on and put a stop to my spending. BTW the date is March 20th.

"David67" said:
I really want to go this year. There this planning of a wedding that is now going on and put a stop to my spending. BTW the date is March 20th.

No, no the MITM is Sep 11...oh the wedding...nevermind.

You guys have to be there....MITM I mean, the wedding I'm sure you will show up...you better.

Back