• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang Magazine?

If you subscribed to this new magazine, are you receiving your issues?

I saw them at many of the major shows I went to over the summer. Saw their advertising all over the forums.
Finally paid for a subscription and got the shirt at the Sturgis Mustang Rally over Labor Day. Was told my first two issues Aug and Sept would be delivered in two to three weeks.
When they hadn't shown up by late Oct. I emailed and the two issues finally arrived in November.
That's it!
Still waiting for Oct. Nov. Dec.
It's a nice glossy magazine, but the service sux!
Yes, I've written them AGAIN.
Annoyed!
J.

Yeah, I signed up for it back when the thread was posted about it. I had forgotten all about it until I got an issue in the mail Friday. Its a nicely formatted and made magazine but I hope the shipping becomes more regularly. Perhaps they got more of a demand than they were expecting and that is causing the delays. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a little while, especially since I didn't pay anything. Hard to complain about something that is free.

I signed up on day one, paid my money and hoped i would get a t shirt, but i was more interested in the magazine. Nothing happened for quite a while, then i heard that a few people in OZ had received a copy.
I sent off an email and got a quick response that my first 2 copies would be sent early november.
december came but no mags, so another email and a response that they would send 2 more.
A week later mags 1&2 arrived, so i let them know and they said if the originals arrive to give them away.
2 days ago on friday another envelope arrives with issues 1, 2 & 3 in it, so i have plenty of XMAS reading and the 2 spare copies went to my Brother in law who dropped a tenner in the Guide Dogs tin for them.
i think they will be Ok when they get their act together.

Let's all give them the benefit of the doubt.

Up-starting a magazine is pretty tough.

I was a contributing editor to Aviation in Miniature Magazine from start to end. It was hard enough back in the early internet days.
I can't imagine how much more demand has been put on them by being global almost immediately.

High end specialized publications are a labor of love. I hope they don't run out of love.

I agree, give it some time. I really like what they are doing and the content.

Read a post by Don Farr over at VMF recently stating the focus at MM is shifting away from the late models back to the first gen's. I looked through some old MM's (subscriber 1993-1995 and 2003-current) and did not realize how many covers were dedicated to late models until I looked at them in aggregate.

"aslan" said:
I just got the October issue.
Stan

October 2010? Aren't most magazines a few months ahead? Seems like you get the March issue in January with the other Mustang magazines

Here is the reply I received.
"Joyce. We had a little trouble with delivery from our printer. For the most part, it’s all fixed. I will send you the Oct issue from our warehouse today and you should receive November soon in the mail. Thanks!"

Why would he have to send me an issue from the warehouse, when I have a subscription? Receive Nov. soon when Dec. is nearly over? Doesn't sound "fixed" to me.

I'm not feeling too good about this magazine's future.

Relax Tiger, lets be thankful and understanding given the inherent personal and financial risk in a new undertaking and keep in mind new businesses always have hitches. Lining up printers, distributors, etc must be quite a challenge. And yes, I am a subscriber.

I think you are missing the point, the excuses given to Joyce sound fishy and the publisher's promises of performance appear to be sub par as time continues to slip away.

Jeff, I'm kind of with you on your point. The quality of paper used is over the top. Don't get me wrong, I think the mag is great but I've always wondered how they can put it together for the price.
Stan

http://www.mustangmagazineonline.com/blog/?p=108

To help Mustang Magazine readers follow the progress of your upcoming issues, we’ve put together this Production Monitor (below) which will be updated regularly. Issue #4 (November) shipped from Denver on January 25th.

Production irregularities and mailing regulations have us behind in our cover dates, but rest assured that we’re having a blast producing Mustang Magazine, it’s alive and healthy, and subscribers will receive all 12 issues this year.

This Production Monitor will help everyone stay aware of your next issue’s progress. Check back anytime and please help spread the word.

Thank you,
The Mustang Magazine Team

Issue
Issue #
In Production
At Printer
Printing
Approx Delivery Dates

November
Completed
Completed
Completed