• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 67

"Dave2g" said:
Getting my car back today. Will upload picture later

:thum looking forward to pictures. You are really pushing hard to get this done in short order, who painted the car?

Only picture I have so far. Looks much better. Maaco did it

Attachments

• 1503929_758490057494937_654529265_n.jpg
    1503929_758490057494937_654529265_n.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 50
Looks good and i hope it last's more than few mounths. I dont want to sound rude just havent seen long lasting work there.

Is that a Maaco color?

There is a difference between their paint and others as well as shops. There happens to be a good one in Vegas. I like their work. The owner of the one in St George is a jerk, but the guys doing the work are pretty good.

Mel

There were some problems with the pain job. It was already cracking in some places along with a flat head tip looking dent on the trunk.

Figured out why the MSD distributor was giving me problems. The wire from my coil to the starter was spliced and hooked up to something else. it was taking away from the 12v on start up. Also had to order a new cat tail for the back of the starter because it broke. My father has to do it for me then take it back to maaco. Ran out of time :rant

Looks good. I had a 93 Mustang that had been painted at Maaco in Clarksville TN. It held up pretty well. I had the car a few years and it still looked good when I sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395325656.401943.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395325656.401943.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 15
Re upholstering my seats that I bought from Bill. Then taking it to maaco and then shipping it finally :thum

THe next thing I plan to do is replace all my chrome, ie bumpers etc. Then a disk conversion on the back to get rid of my drums.

Also think a blower would look bad :cens

Do you have front disc already? Rear disc are nice but only necessary for heavier track use, the rear drums do well with a freshen up and quality shoes.
Jon

"Jonk67" said:
Do you have front disc already? Rear disc are nice but only necessary for heavier track use, the rear drums do well with a freshen up and quality shoes.
Jon

Same thoughts here.

"Dave2g" said:
Yes I do.

And my plans changed already. Planning on getting: http://www.summitracing.com/dom/parts/w ... el/mustang

But I want a blower too and cannot find one
That is a blower. ???

As roots style blowers go that one is not really worth the expense. It is very small in displacement and doesn;t give you much power for the dollar. Spend the money on upgrading your engine in other ways. Or if you really want forced induction look into a centrifugal set-up.

Yeah, with the roots style you'll probably need a hole in the hood too to clear the blower and carb. You may want to also consider the Paxton centrifugal style, a little easier to live with but you'll need a blow through carb. A blower will also require lower compression like 9:1 or so or lower, any idea what your compression ratio is? This'll change the cam you will want to use too.
You really need to plan out your whole motor and drivetrain, plan your work and work your plan.
Jon

Back