• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 70 coupe after paint

Yes that is the time consuming part. But that is where you start to see progress.
Thanks

The color is 2009 Mustang Candy Apple Red. It looks dark because it was cloudy out when the picture was taken. It is pretty bright out in the sun.
Thanks

Sluggo Thanks! I almost joined the Grabber Orange Club. You got a nice 69. G.O. was the original color with a black vinyl top. But i fell in love the Red on the painters 2009 Mustang GT. I had the car since I was 16 yrs old and have been restoring it for about 8 years. It has been a long process. I'm really satisfied with the outcome.
Thanks again

Thanks tarafied1. I haven't seen many coupe's around.

"Ricks 70 stang" said:
yeah, can you believe some people like the fastback/sportsroof body style more!?!?

but there are a few (coupes) around here that are really sharp!

"Ricks 70 stang" said:
Sluggo Thanks! I almost joined the Grabber Orange Club. You got a nice 69. G.O. was the original color with a black vinyl top. But i fell in love the Red on the painters 2009 Mustang GT. I had the car since I was 16 yrs old and have been restoring it for about 8 years. It has been a long process. I'm really satisfied with the outcome.
Thanks again

Thanks, It just got painted in June. I have to finish buffing and some minor crap still. Time is hard to come by right now.

A GO 70 model coupe with black vinyl top? Errr........we need to see some pics of that. That seems like a pretty rare combo on a coupe. Can't say I've ever seen it.

The color you picked is spot on. That car just looks like it should be that color.

"tarafied1" said:
yeah, can you believe some people like the fastback/sportsroof body style more!?!?

but there are a few (coupes) around here that are really sharp!

Sluggo likes the coupes. My next victim errr... project is going to be a 66 coupe. Someday.

Sluggo,
When I got the stang it was silver with a black top. Somebody painted it with a cheap paint job. The car was only 6 years old at the time. My thoughts were to do away with the vinyl top, paint it GO, with black stripes. (Like Jeremy's fastback).

Rick

Damn nice color choice Rick! Finally, something other than GO
Puke.gif

"blue65coupe" said:
Nice job Rick. Looks very good. On a side note, what is the current ratio of coupes to slanteyes, er fastbacks?
:yikes :rofl I think at this point, its in our favor Duane!

"Ricks 70 stang" said:
Sluggo,
When I got the stang it was silver with a black top. Somebody painted it with a cheap paint job. The car was only 6 years old at the time. My thoughts were to do away with the vinyl top, paint it GO, with black stripes. (Like Jeremy's fastback).

Rick

Sounds like you have good taste! :danc

"blue65coupe" said:
Nice job Rick. Looks very good. On a side note, what is the current ratio of coupes to slanteyes, er fastbacks?

Your jealousy is soooo unbecoming :bike

Back