• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 70 coupe after paint

Of all of the classic Coupes, 1970 is by far my personal favorite.... and you NAILED the color perfectly!

Any self-imposed goal for the first test drive?

"daveSanborn" said:
Of all of the classic Coupes, 1970 is by far my personal favorite.... and you NAILED the color perfectly!

Any self-imposed goal for the first test drive?

Thanks Dave.

I have more parts on order. Just cannot bring myself to install old part back on the car.
I would like to have it completely done early 2010.

"daveSanborn" said:
So, five to six months from now? Certainly attainable, but you don't have a lot of time to waste.

I have all the interior, grill, bumpers, tail lights and head lights to install. I have everything either on order or have already in my shop. I haven't decided on the door panels. Deluxe or standard? And your right there is no time to waste. It has been awhile and I'm ready to get it on the road.

Rick

That looks really sharp, look forward to seeing pics in the sun.
I plan to have my '67 painted CandyApple red (original color) and will have to find an '09 GT near me to look at. I didn't realize it was an available mustang color again.
I'm jealous, hope to be at that stage some time next spring...
Jon

"70 StangMan" said:
Just curious ,what did it come with Dlx. or Std.??

They are standard door panels. But they aren't and good. They are in really bad shape.
The price of deluxe panels and all the extras. Just not for sure which way I will go.

"Ricks 70 stang" said:
They are standard door panels. But they aren't and good. They are in really bad shape.
The price of deluxe panels and all the extras. Just not for sure which way I will go.
Bad shape as in broke and busted or just worn and faded?? Re-dyeing does wonders if it's just the latter.

"70 StangMan" said:
Bad shape as in broke and busted or just worn and faded?? Re-dyeing does wonders if it's just the latter.

Allot of the clip are broken out. The vinyl is coming off. Just 40 years of ware.

I've made a little more progress to the coupe.

Attachments

• 100_1549.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 109
  • 100_1552.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • 100_1553.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • 100_1554.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • 100_1556.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
"Sluggo" said:
That thing is lookin' good!

Hurry up and get it finished so we can see more pics :craz

I am working on it every chance I get. I need to order bumpers and door panels. I drove it around the back paved roads. I live in the country. I was having an issue with fuel in the oil. I changed the fuel pump last Saturday and took the demon carburetor off and put a 750 Holley that I rebuilt. So far so good. It runs a little rich but not too bad. The original motor was a 302 and I put a 351w in and I have 3.50 gears in the 9 inch rear. Pretty peppy. Probably allot to do with the gear change from 2.78 to 3.50.

Hey Rick, you have any other parts that you are needing? I have a box full of new parts that I either over bought, or just didn't use on my 70. Let me know what you need and I'll take a look.

"70_Fastback" said:
Hey Rick, you have any other parts that you are needing? I have a box full of new parts that I either over bought, or just didn't use on my 70. Let me know what you need and I'll take a look.

Not sure yet Jeremy. I'm in need of bumpers, the chrome trim that goes at bottom of quarter windows (lost them during storage) door panels, the black plastic door jamb vents (I messed mine up) 69 doesn't have this piece 70 thru 73 do. That is all that I can think of right now.

Back