• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 70 coupe after paint

Looks great Rick, sweet paint job. It is always nice to see another coupe, glad to have you with us.

One day I hope to be part of both families, a 65 Coupe and a 65 2+2 in the same garage sounds like a nice family with some serious sibling rivalry thrown in the mix.

"abrahamfh" said:
Looks great Rick, sweet paint job. It is always nice to see another coupe, glad to have you with us.

One day I hope to be part of both families, a 65 Coupe and a 65 2+2 in the same garage sounds like a nice family with some serious sibling rivalry thrown in the mix.

Yes I really like the 65 2+2. My brother had one in California, but he sold it many years ago. Somebody asked me the other day what I was going to do when I got done with the Stang. I said get another. The problem is my wife was standing there. She says I don't think so. I'm sure she'll give in some day.

Well i got the Bumpers and windows in the doors. Now come the rest of the interior and rubber seals. The big hold up is the headliner. Does the headliner go under the windshield on a 70? I think I will take it to a shop to do this.

Attachments

• 100_1561.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 100_1563.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • 100_1565.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
The front of the headliner gets glued to the inside face of the inner/upper windshield area. It does not wrap around to the outside, as the windshield gets glued there. It is "easier" to install and stretch the headliner with the windshield not installed though. But it's not impossible to do with the windshield in, thought the results may not be as good. I.E. - nice, tightly stretched liner.

Also, I would install the headliner before installing the roof rail weatherstrip channels. Easier to slice off the extra headliner material that is pulled tight over that pinch weld once the windlace is installed.

"70_Fastback" said:
The front of the headliner gets glued to the inside face of the inner/upper windshield area. It does not wrap around to the outside, as the windshield gets glued there. It is "easier" to install and stretch the headliner with the windshield not installed though. But it's not impossible to do with the windshield in, thought the results may not be as good. I.E. - nice, tightly stretched liner.

Also, I would install the headliner before installing the roof rail weatherstrip channels. Easier to slice off the extra headliner material that is pulled tight over that pinch weld once the windlace is installed.

Thanks for the information. I talked to guy about installing the headliner. He quoted me 150.00. Does this sound about right?

Back