• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My window tint went a little dark on me.......

Sluggo

Putting the rest of the glass in it sure made a huge difference. It's some new whoopdedoo tint that blocks out more UV than previous tints.
It works too. I parked it out in the sun (105 degree heat index today) for about four hours and it was tolerable when I got in it.

1_04_07_09_8_17_09_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is dark. But is it legal? I know in some states very dark tint is not legal. Hate to see you get a ticket.

"95GT" said:
Wow that is dark. But is it legal? I know in some states very dark tint is not legal. Hate to see you get a ticket.
It's not legal. A car running classic or antique auto plates is not required to be inspected.If they do pull me over, my concealed handgun license usually gets me off the hook.

"lethal289" said:
Have a pick straight on from the back, like a cop would see as he rules up behind you?

Not since I got the side glass in.
All the way down to 5% is legal in Texas on any glass other than those adjacent to the driver (ie. front door glasses) and windshield. Windshield can have up to a 6in band at the top.
All other glass can be tinted as dark as you can stand.

Back