• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My window tint went a little dark on me.......

Sluggo

Putting the rest of the glass in it sure made a huge difference. It's some new whoopdedoo tint that blocks out more UV than previous tints.
It works too. I parked it out in the sun (105 degree heat index today) for about four hours and it was tolerable when I got in it.

1_04_07_09_8_17_09_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

95GT

Wow that is dark. But is it legal? I know in some states very dark tint is not legal. Hate to see you get a ticket.

Sluggo

"95GT" said:
Wow that is dark. But is it legal? I know in some states very dark tint is not legal. Hate to see you get a ticket.
It's not legal. A car running classic or antique auto plates is not required to be inspected.If they do pull me over, my concealed handgun license usually gets me off the hook.

Sluggo

"lethal289" said:
Have a pick straight on from the back, like a cop would see as he rules up behind you?

Not since I got the side glass in.
All the way down to 5% is legal in Texas on any glass other than those adjacent to the driver (ie. front door glasses) and windshield. Windshield can have up to a 6in band at the top.
All other glass can be tinted as dark as you can stand.