• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need info about 70 Mustang Grande ASAP pls!

[quote
offer him 3500, don't be afraid to drag the guy over the coals is you like his car. Its a buyers market, and he needs to sell. But don't rush and regret it, like you did with your coupe.
[/quote]
Yeah, this time I know more of what to look for, what to check, etc thanks to Stangfix and its members. :) From talking with him and all the work he's put into it, and now knowing what all is involved with restoring classics, I actually felt like I was insulting the guy offering 4 for his 70. :shy

..........only if done correct. Air shocks......bad
..........leaf springs designed to give the lift...good
..........coil sprigs like you removed from your '66....bad.

LOL yeah, those spring were bad idea. I'll add to my check list to ask how it's lifted.

Nice! Got any pics I could look at so I get an idea of what the interior looks like?

"Badass70" said:
ill have to dig for some more old pics..
man i hated that baby turd color... !!

Love those whitewalls and hubcaps. mine had them when I got it too.
Are those current pictures?
DSC01919.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No way that was last year when I purchased the car, pictures really can hide alot but I had to do extensive work to fix the body.. I'm going to have to post some new pics of my 70 mustang grande restomod!!

"Badass70" said:
No way that was last year when I purchased the car, pictures really can hide alot but I had to do extensive work to fix the body.. I'm going to have to post some new pics of my 70 mustang grande restomod!!

I am sure Kat would love to see what can be done with a 70 coupe. Get some pics up when you can.

I am sure Kat would love to see what can be done with a 70 coupe. Get some pics up when you can.

:10

So far, just googling, I can't seem to find much for 70 grandes. From what I do find, it looks like the interior is pretty similar to a mach 1? Dash, gauges, etc. and what in the heck is that thing above the glove box, a clock?? :amaz

Yup it's a clock on the deluxe interior. basically i Think the interior would be the same as a deluxe mach 1

Here is a pic of my interior. It's just the standard though not deluxe.
DSC007082.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're interior is nice!

The guy said it had a clock facing the passenger. I didn't really think much of it when he told me that. I was more interested in things like engine wise working, suspension, brakes, floors and cowls. A clock...Interesting. I could live with that! He also said he did a little modifying of the shifter. He moved it back a little to make it easier to reach, like what was done in my 66, but unlike the 66 PO, this guy said he covered the hole where the shifter originally was.

70 Grande nothing special :)

1970 Mustang Grande was outfitted with upgraded luxury trim,
and was available only as a coupe. Exterior standard equipment included
bright rocker panel moldings (below the door line), and partial "Landau" vinyl roof.

The four head light setup, used in 1969 was dropped and the grill carried
two headlights. The car came with standard dual color matched racing mirrors.

The rear taillight bezels are chromed trimmed on all '70 Mustangs, and the
Grande has an additional "camera case" pattern black insert between the taillights

The 1970 Mustang Grande interior included wood grain appliqués around
the instrument panel and deluxe two spoke steering wheel.

302 V8 with 2v carburetor in a detailed, restored engine compartme

Its a good deal even if it is not original...

So much for that idea. The dealership I was going to sell my mustang to isnt open on Mondays so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to sell my 66 and then drive 3hrs to DFW and hopefully be back in time before husband has to be at work at 6pm. The guy said we could try it tomorrow instead. Then he said he has 3 people coming over tonight to look at the Grande. He said yesterday he'd wait until tonight (assuming I was able to get up there this afternoon) to let anyone else look at it. That Grande will be gone tonight with my luck. :po

Kat, I work in Arlington, live about 15 miles away from Arlington. Give me a call if you want an extra set of eyes to help you take a look. 817-455-5907

From the past experiences, if it is meant to be, it will happen.

Do you have the salesmans cell number or name? Sometimes they give that out to make sales anytime......

Kat, I work in Arlington, live about 15 miles away from Arlington. Give me a call if you want an extra set of eyes to help you take a look. 817-455-5907

Thanks! If he doesn't sell the car tonight and I'm able to make it up there tomorrow, I'll definitely give ya a ring. Having someone more familiar with stangs would help. :vic

Do you have the salesmans cell number or name? Sometimes they give that out to make sales anytime......
I only have the dealership number. Its just a small used car place. I've tried calling, went to voice mail and left a message hoping maybe he'll check his messages today or call me back tomorrow morning. Even drove by there and gates locked up.

Are you sure you really want to sell your car to a used car operation? You can be sure you will not get anything close to a decent price. They are, after all, looking to buy and resell at a profit.

There is one thing that you can be certain of and that is that there will be plenty more mustangs available to you down the road. You jumped quick the last time and look where you are now. I suggest you work to get the best dollar you can for your present car and then go after the next one. That way you'll know what you have to spend (afford) and having cash in hand will make the next deal much more in your favor.

I'm sure most of us here spent a good deal of time searching out our cars. I had a specific year and model I wanted as well as condition expectations. It took a while but I found exactly what I wanted and got it for a bit less than budgeted because I waited for the right opportunity (and had cash in hand).

"Horseplay" said:
Are you sure you really want to sell your car to a used car operation? You can be sure you will not get anything close to a decent price. They are, after all, looking to buy and resell at a profit.

There is one thing that you can be certain of and that is that there will be plenty more mustangs available to you down the road. You jumped quick the last time and look where you are now. I suggest you work to get the best dollar you can for your present car and then go after the next one. That way you'll know what you have to spend (afford) and having cash in hand will make the next deal much more in your favor.

I'm sure most of us here spent a good deal of time searching out our cars. I had a specific year and model I wanted as well as condition expectations. It took a while but I found exactly what I wanted and got it for a bit less than budgeted because I waited for the right opportunity (and had cash in hand).

+1

Great advice. Slow down Kat and don't worry about missing a "deal". They'll be plenty more!

Back